Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Pictures of new paint and headlights!

Looks great. I have some type of strange road rash/chips on my TRUNK. (yes my REAR hood) :P that will I think require some repainting down the road. If you don't mind me asking why did you get this done, did you recover with Clear Bra/3M protector, and about how much just for the sanding/prep and paint work for your car? How did your paint color match up, it looks great --- but cannot tell until right up close sometimes.

Looks great. I have some type of strange road rash/chips on my TRUNK. (yes my REAR hood) :P that will I think require some repainting down the road. If you don't mind me asking why did you get this done, did you recover with Clear Bra/3M protector, and about how much just for the sanding/prep and paint work for your car? How did your paint color match up, it looks great --- but cannot tell until right up close sometimes.

No I do not mind you asking.

"why did you get this done" - My headlights & side markers were stolen holloween nite and in the process they damaged the bumper, fenders and hood so the insurance repainted all those parts.

"did you recover with Clear Bra/3M protector" - Not yet but that will be happening in the next few weeks.

"how much just for the sanding/prep and paint work for your car?" - Lets see, Insurance cut a check for $3600 and subtract $1567 for the headlights, it cost about $2033 to repaint the front fenders, hood and bumper.

"How did your paint color match up" - As far as color its perfect, but the condition obviously of the front end is far better looking than the rest of the car. I had the boxster repainted some months ago so its not that huge of a difference, just slight difference... alittle swirl marks here and there on the non-repainted surfaces from the doors, back.

Finally got my Boxster back from the paint shop, Its got a freshly painted front end and new clear corners and litronics headlights to replace my amber halogens.

Carlos:

Looks like a nice, professional job. Kudos to you for making lemonade when someone gave you lemons.

Now it's time for you to update the photo at the bottom of your posts. Looks good without the amber.

Regards, Maurice.

Thanks Maurice, As for the Sig image, im waiting on a photoshop pro that i know from another forum that is really good at making sigs to make one for me.

She looks great, glad your story had a happy ending. :) My boxster is the same color and I have some nicks that the previous owner tried to repair with touchup paint and didn't do too good of a job. Plus the fornt bumper has some road rash. Hopefully next spring I'll get mine in the shop for some work.