Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Boxster sun Visor

Newbie again ... just noticed that my visor does not rotate to cover the drivers side ... well, it simply goes up and down and don't rotate otherwise like in other cars I have.

Anyway, what you folks do when the sun is shining brightly over your left shoulders??? Even with a pair of sunglasses, it's very distracting. Now, I just use my hands to cover it, but that's not a good idea for the long haul. I'm curious what other Boxster owners do to combat this problem.

Tint your window,,, for me I just love it

Newbie again ... just noticed that my visor does not rotate to cover the drivers side ... well, it simply goes up and down and don't rotate otherwise like in other cars I have.

Anyway, what you folks do when the sun is shining brightly over your left shoulders??? Even with a pair of sunglasses, it's very distracting. Now, I just use my hands to cover it, but that's not a good idea for the long haul. I'm curious what other Boxster owners do to combat this problem.

might just switch to a pair of wrap around style sunglasses like Maui Jim, etc. My old Ray Ban's used to let a ton of light it and it bothered me completely. I've since switched to Maui Jim's and they do a great job of shielding my eyes all the way around.

• Admin
Tint your window,,, for me I just love it

He needs to be careful - in California it is illegal to tint the front or front side windows.

Loren, Tool Pants or anyone else who's been around these cars for a while - I've always wondered why the Boxster sun visors don't pivot to the side like every other car on the road. Boxsters share most of the front half with the 996, so why not the sun visors? I can't believe the design adds any structural integrity to the car! Why hasn't anyone come up with a sun visor hack to fit the 996 style pivoting sun visors to the Boxster?

• Admin

I don't think the Cab sun visors pivot either (perhaps a Cab owner can verify). I think it is a convertible thing - perhaps Porsche thinks they will jam in top?

The 996 Coupe (at least my MY99) does pivot.

If that is the case I wonder if you could put the Coupe sun visors on a Cab or Boxster?