Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

clutch job cost

any info on clutch job cost aprox for a 996 tt? I put an fvd stage 1 on my car and a week later I'm noticing slippage when the revs hit 3000 under heavy acceleration. The car has 55k miles and was otherwhise stock and didn't slip. The slip only occurs for about 1500 rpm and then the tires chirp. Almost got a ticket testing it on the expressway in all gears without checking the speed.

I paid for 12 hours labor. The manual I belive says 18 hrs labor. Replace the RMS also preventatively, and you might need accumulator if your clutch travel isn't smooth. They may need to drain your coolant also, so expect to pay for that. I found at 70k miles my front drive shaft rubber was also cracked and I replaced that.

I recently had a tune and upgraded wastegates, exhaust system etc and was wondering about how long the clutch might be good for even tho right now it's not slipping....so I just got a quote from a reliable local (Sacramento, cA) Porsche shop and the figures came to $1200 for the install if you bought the parts from a reputable source....i.e. no off the wall cheapie stuff....OEM from Sunset or whomever. The hours for the install will vary between dealerships....but 18 hour estimate you got must take into consideration the 7 or more hours the mechanic goes home to sleep.

Usually, if you buy the parts and something breaks, you eat the cost to go back in and fix it. That's the only downside to buying your own parts and saving some of the costs. Personally, I buy good Porsche parts and take the chance....the parts are warrantied so you might eat some labor....but the chances of that are slim to none, and I've never run into a situation like that.