Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Check Engine Light

Hello it is me again. So I got a check egnine light yesterday on my way to work. Took it to Schucks this morning (god bless those dudes) and here is what the scanner read:

P1133

P1126

Courtesy of your awesome website these codes mean:

P1133: Oxygen sensing adaptation, lower load range, bank 2

P1126: Oxygen sensing adaptation, lower load range, bank 1

What does this mean? What is an Oxygen sensing adation? Lower load range? How much will it cost? Do i need to replace parts?

Can I drive with this without hurting my engine? Any remedies?

Edit: Second issue with car is:

When starting the car, if i turn the key all the way to the right (the normal turn to start any engine) the lights, windshield wipers, AC and heating, etc... electrical wont work. However, when I turn it back to the left slightly they all pop on! ALSO: When I go to turn the car off I get a beeping sound as if the car still thinks the key is in the ignition, and I cannot lock the doors with the key, and when I CAN lock the doors with the key the tumbler (or something in the ignition) gets stuff and you have to almost force the key in.

Thx for your help guys. It was suggested by a friend that I need a new ignition box.

Edited by DaemonRa

Update: So I called Schucks and a number of independant auto mechanics. The consensus being that the O2 sensor needs to be adjusted or replaced.

New questions being:

1. Since the malfunction has not effected my fuel economy or my performance at all (engine does not smell rich, just normal) should I opt for a full replacement or just and adjustment?

2. There are two different choices for the part I need:

A. the Universal o2 sensor costs 121.99 and I have to have it spliced in

B. the exact fit just pops in but costs much more 228.99

Question: Is it better to have the exact fit or does the universal one work just the same? Is there any disadvantage or downside to using the universal one?

Not on a P-car, but I had problems with a generic O2 sensor on a Mercedes C230. Yes, you can splice it in, and it will prob work, but the computer in the benz would get intermitant codes, and would sometimes set the check engine light, sometimes it wouldn't. I drove it for a month or so, and would go a week without then would set a code. When I bought the Bosch that was the right replacement, I never had another issue. Shop around and see if you can find the sensors online, check with "parts at dealer cost" link at the top of the page. I had a great experience with them on my turn signal switch change.

Advance Auto parts list the Bosch sensor for an 03 S for $162 each, and the generic for $92 each. Free shipping on orders over $75.

• Admin

P1126 Oxygen Sensing Adaptation, Lower Load Range, Bank 1 – Above Limit

P1133 Oxygen Sensing Adaptation, Lower Load Range, Bank 2 – Above Limit

Potential causes:

– Incorrect signal from MAF sensor

– Intake air system leaking

– Fuel pressure too low

– Volume supply of fuel pump too low

– Fuel injectors fouled

There is nothing wrong with your O2 sensors.

I just went through same thing with my ignition. You need to replace the ignition switch. Porsche no longer sells the switch itself but has upgraded the next higher assembly and will sell you that, but it's much more expensive. Here's a more detailed discussion: http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?s...ignition+switch. There are some more links embedded in that thread and you'll quickly get it all figured out. The part is the same as one used in VW/Audi - P/N 4A0 950 849 B. I bought one on eBay from a seller called abcmarts for about $15. Installation is really easy and took less than a half hour and my problems are gone. FYI, you'll read about need for a screwdriver to get into the tight spot you'll have to work - I made a tool similar to what's described in the article using the business end of a jeweler's screwdriver that I cut off and epoxied into a wire nut.

It's a simple DIY for a common problem.

John

Can I diagnose this without special equipment?

I noticed yesterday while hopping on the freeway (I am no longer driving until I fix this) that it seemed to have lost most of its "guts" if you know what I mean. The power wasn't there like it was a week ago. Is this a tell?

Any suggestions?

Can I diagnose this without special equipment?

I noticed yesterday while hopping on the freeway (I am no longer driving until I fix this) that it seemed to have lost most of its "guts" if you know what I mean. The power wasn't there like it was a week ago. Is this a tell?

Any suggestions?

sounds to me like you have two problems here;

1. the loss of 'guts' sounds like the MAF sensor or air leak?

2. is almost definately the igniton switch!

change the switch with the VW/AUDI replacement and then do the MAF is my advice.