Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Is there an easy way to install side skirts?

im installing an aerokit cup for my 99 c2 and im stuck on figureing out how to evenly place the metal bracket so it fits with the side skirt well. If there is an easy way id appreciate knowing! thanks! Porsche does not send directions:(

Edited by X911CarreraX

what do you mean? are you suppose to use double sided tape on it? in the inside of the side skirt it has a plastic piece that is suppose to latch onto the metal piece you screw onto your body... thinking about using double sided tape jsut to keep it as close to the body as possible. would you think thta would work?

alright, that means you got the AeroKit I Type 1 sideskirts!

the Type 2 skirts got double sided tape for mounting on the car body so no drilling needed.

but even with Type I version, I would try to use " addhesive film" for mounting, and try to get a stronger aftermarket addhesive film due to even a stock AeroKit II sideskirts mounting kit is not strong enought in my opinion!

I just had my left side re-installed, and they only charged 31,- euro plus VAT for it, not bad cause they had to take off the hole skirt.

cheers,

//T

• Admin
what do you mean? are you suppose to use double sided tape on it? in the inside of the side skirt it has a plastic piece that is suppose to latch onto the metal piece you screw onto your body... thinking about using double sided tape jsut to keep it as close to the body as possible. would you think thta would work?

As alter_schwede said there are two types of kits. The older kit that used epoxy and the newer kit that uses double sided tape. I have instructions for both. Do you know the part number of your kit?

thanks so much for the instructions, but i already drilled into the side, should i fill them in with somehting so it doesnt rust? and inside the side skirt, theres like a latch thing across the whole inside of the side skirt, does it latch onto the metal piece? Wouldnt the 3 plastic piesces be in the way? thanks so much

from reading the instructions over and over again... i guess i remove the 3 plastic pieces after i put the metal retaining strip on, then I put epoxy in the retaining strip then apply the side skirt. My another question is I can use normal epoxy on it right? or do I have to get the K2 adhesive? sorry for asking so many questions, just want everything done perfectly..

• 3 weeks later...

I purchased my Aero Kit side skirts from Perfromance Products recently, & they came with out any hardware or instructions. I called them up and Today in the main they finally mailed me the screws, washers and clips. Still no instructions. The skirts are heavy black urethane rubber looking and have a thin double stick tape on them as well.

Feeling slightly dissapointed, I called back PP they said that this heavy duty urethane rubber is the latest in body shop technology... (Supposedly paints easier, resists cracking and chips.) they did state that it is a aftermarket product buy that they have had no complaints so far.

Loren,

Can you email me the instructions on how to mount these?

Do I need any specuial glues? cuz the tape looks cheap... Will it even hold? Will it look like crap if I don't use a glue as well?

• Admin
I purchased my Aero Kit side skirts from Perfromance Products recently, & they came with out any hardware or instructions.  I called them up and Today in the main they finally mailed me the screws, washers and clips.  Still no instructions.  The skirts are heavy black urethane rubber looking and have a thin double stick tape on them as well. 

Feeling slightly dissapointed, I called back PP they said that this heavy duty urethane rubber is the latest in body shop technology... (Supposedly paints easier, resists cracking and chips.)  they did state that it is a aftermarket product buy that they have had no complaints so far. 

Loren,

Do I need any specuial glues?  cuz the tape looks cheap...  Will it even hold?  Will it look like crap if I don't use a glue as well?

You've got mail...

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...

I purchased my Aero Kit side skirts from Perfromance Products recently, & they came with out any hardware or instructions.  I called them up and Today in the main they finally mailed me the screws, washers and clips.  Still no instructions.  The skirts are heavy black urethane rubber looking and have a thin double stick tape on them as well. 

Loren,

Do I need any specuial glues?  cuz the tape looks cheap...  Will it even hold?  Will it look like crap if I don't use a glue as well?

You've got mail...

Loren,

I know this is one or two years old LOL, but could you send me those instructions too? Hope you get this.

Thanks.

• Admin

I purchased my Aero Kit side skirts from Perfromance Products recently, & they came with out any hardware or instructions. I called them up and Today in the main they finally mailed me the screws, washers and clips. Still no instructions. The skirts are heavy black urethane rubber looking and have a thin double stick tape on them as well.

Loren,

Do I need any specuial glues? cuz the tape looks cheap... Will it even hold? Will it look like crap if I don't use a glue as well?

You've got mail...

Loren,

I know this is one or two years old LOL, but could you send me those instructions too? Hope you get this.

Thanks.

As a Contributing Member you can see the instructions in the TSB section. Just search for aerokit.

if you have to glue,then i strongly suggest you to only glue them with the glue used for car glasses(most of the cases look like an silicon,black colour)

work with care when apply,and after keep them tight for couple of hours and they will sit there forever

cheers

if you have to glue,then i strongly suggest you to only glue them with the glue used for car glasses(most of the cases look like an silicon,black colour)

work with care when apply,and after keep them tight for couple of hours and they will sit there forever

cheers

Ahamay,

Is there a brand name for the "glass glue"?