Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Door unlock, lock issue

When I use my key fob to unlock my '98 boxster, it unlocks then 0.5-1 second later re-locks (both doors). The same happens when I try to lock it; it locks then unlocks 0.5-1 second later.

I didn't come up with anything when I searched the forums.

Any thoughts?

Edited by mdhhorn

• Admin
When I use my key fob to unlock my '98 boxster, it unlocks then 0.5-1 second later re-locks (both doors). The same happens when I try to lock it; it locks then unlocks 0.5-1 second later.

Any thoughts?

:welcome:

You will likely need the Durametric software, a PST2, or PIWIS tester to see what central locking/alarm faults you have.

Do you get any beeps when you lock the car with the key fob?

Any thoughts?

:welcome:

You will likely need the Durametric software, a PST2, or PIWIS tester to see what central locking/alarm faults you have.

Do you get any beeps when you lock the car with the key fob?

No beeps but it has never beeped. I will need to fine a tech in my area with a tester.

drivers door latch assembly?

That normally causes it to unlock immediately after locking. I haven't heard of it doing it the other way round.

mdhorn - can you lock the car at all? If so, you could test the horn beeps by leaving the oddments compartment open in the centre console. Also, check the red LED in the centre of the dash to see if it single or double-flashes once it has locked.

Whatever happens, I agree with Loren that you need to gat a diagnostic check done.

I can lock/unlock it with the key-into-door. I did play with it yesterday and realized I was partly incorrect. When I unlock with the fob, the driver's door unlocks then re locks but the pax door unlocks and remains unlocked.

I will check out the LED and report back (this weekend). My oddments has a retro fit on it to make it bigger (long before I bought it) so I dont think it is hooked up anymore.

Thanks again.

• 3 months later...
BTW... a single beep means there is a fault. Two beeps means there is an alarm failure.

My '00 Box just started doing this (2 beeps then unlocks)... I can't seem to lock the doors using either the remote or with the key in the door. Is there a quick fix? I don't like the idea of my car sitting on the drive with no security whatsoever!

• Admin
BTW... a single beep means there is a fault. Two beeps means there is an alarm failure.

My '00 Box just started doing this (2 beeps then unlocks)... I can't seem to lock the doors using either the remote or with the key in the door. Is there a quick fix? I don't like the idea of my car sitting on the drive with no security whatsoever!

There may be a quick fix - but first you need to hook up the Durametric software, a PST2 or PIWIS to find out where the alarm fault is.

There may be a quick fix - but first you need to hook up the Durametric software, a PST2 or PIWIS to find out where the alarm fault is.

Cheers Loren; figured out how to lock it at least (2 quick stabs on the remote or 3 turns of the key in the doorlock) so at least there's some security.