Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Hello,

Back in March when I bought my 00 C2 Cab, I knew the windshield washer did not work. Since I only drive the car on nice days, this is not a serious problem.

However, last week I decided to do a little work to see what is going on. My work was not hard, just hold the washer switch and see if I could determine what is happening. Well, I heard the pump run (good sign), but no fluid spraying out. I was able to pull one of the rubber nozzle hoses off. I tried to blow through it, but I was not able to. Is that normal or is the nozzle clogged? I then reconnected the nozzle and held the spray switch on. I heard the pump run, then a splash and I saw fluid pour from underneath the car.

Tomorrow I will take the LF wheel and liner off and take a look at the tank and plumbing. I assume the tank is bad. If that is true I will get a new tank, but I need to know if I should be able to blow through the washer nozzle or not. I don't want to blow up a new tank.

Thanks,

Barry

Barry,

I had the same problem when I got my 2000 C2. It turned out to be a $5 grommet on the tank had rotted out. But because they had to remove the spare tire and trunk liner to get to it and fix it turned out to be $100.

Hope this helps.

Han

Hello,

Back in March when I bought my 00 C2 Cab, I knew the windshield washer did not work. Since I only drive the car on nice days, this is not a serious problem.

However, last week I decided to do a little work to see what is going on. My work was not hard, just hold the washer switch and see if I could determine what is happening. Well, I heard the pump run (good sign), but no fluid spraying out. I was able to pull one of the rubber nozzle hoses off. I tried to blow through it, but I was not able to. Is that normal or is the nozzle clogged? I then reconnected the nozzle and held the spray switch on. I heard the pump run, then a splash and I saw fluid pour from underneath the car.

Tomorrow I will take the LF wheel and liner off and take a look at the tank and plumbing. I assume the tank is bad. If that is true I will get a new tank, but I need to know if I should be able to blow through the washer nozzle or not. I don't want to blow up a new tank.

Thanks,

Barry

Barry, I would guess you have hose that has been displaced or disconnected from the tank some how. I would guess the reaso nyou can't 'blow" air throu the hose is there is a one way check valve to prevent all the liquid running back to the tank everytime you use the washer.

Good Luck!! I'm sure you will see a displaced hose when you gain access to the tank after removing inner liner.

Demosan :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

So, from reading this post, it appears that access to the washer components is thru the trunk by removing the liner. I just removed the lf wheel and fender liner but saw nothing except another curved black plastic liner which I could not identify. My system has a leak that I am trying to locate and correct. Thanks for the info. :renntech:

• Admin
So, from reading this post, it appears that access to the washer components is thru the trunk by removing the liner. I just removed the lf wheel and fender liner but saw nothing except another curved black plastic liner which I could not identify. My system has a leak that I am trying to locate and correct. Thanks for the info. :renntech:

Behind the wheel well liner. Under the fender - close to the door jam.

Behind the wheel well liner. Under the fender - close to the door jam.

Thanks, Loren. I found an exploded parts diagram on another site which showed all the parts for the washer system, the black curved housing I see is in fact the reservoir. Anyhow, I put water into the reservoir, operated the washer controls, found the pressure hose had come off its fitting to the windshield washer, clamped it on, now it's fine. Step two is to trouble shoot the headlight washers and will probably have to remove the light assy to access the plumbing. Thanks, again.