Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

1st time into the black hole :)

Well I ventured into DIY land last night and had great experience with a basic oil and filter change. When you all said GUSH you werent kidding. Even being prepared it did splash a tiny bit. All done 25 mins and good to go. THANK YOU ALL AGAIN!. Now onto the next baby steps AIR FILTER. I have read all of the replys and got out my Bentleys and low and behold this months PANORAMA has a whole article dedicated to opening the top to access the engine. That being said I have but 1 question on the cables on each side (I do NOT want to force or damage them) do they jsut 'pop' off of the studs? This part in the process is the only question I have all the remaining steps are very straight forward.

So once again I need your expert assistance and guidance then I'm off to the next challenge.

Thanks again. I will be taking some digital pics of a recent DIY I did on the wheel center emblems. Mine were the stock plastic and worn out. I re painted them with automotive acrlyic paint and they look like the $100.00 metal expoxy painted originals. 2 coats of clear and they look great. Pics to follow.

Well I ventured into DIY land last night and had great experience with a basic oil and filter change. When you all said GUSH you werent kidding. Even being prepared it did splash a tiny bit. All done 25 mins and good to go. THANK YOU ALL AGAIN!. Now onto the next baby steps AIR FILTER. I have read all of the replys and got out my Bentleys and low and behold this months PANORAMA has a whole article dedicated to opening the top to access the engine. That being said I have but 1 question on the cables on each side (I do NOT want to force or damage them) do they jsut 'pop' off of the studs? This part in the process is the only question I have all the remaining steps are very straight forward.

So once again I need your expert assistance and guidance then I'm off to the next challenge.

Thanks again. I will be taking some digital pics of a recent DIY I did on the wheel center emblems. Mine were the stock plastic and worn out. I re painted them with automotive acrlyic paint and they look like the $100.00 metal expoxy painted originals. 2 coats of clear and they look great. Pics to follow.

McMike:

The metal ball cups at the bottom of the "tension ropes", as Porsche calls them, do just pop off with a little lateral persuasion. They go back on easily too, by just being pressed on. The function of the tension ropes is to keep downward tension on the rear main bow as the front of the top is latched onto the front windshield header. There is a 14mm adjustment bolt for the steel ball that each one presses onto, located just below the each steel ball.

Looking forward to seeing the pix of the emblems.

Regards, Maurice.

Maurice, thanks for the 'double check' I went to start last night and it got too dark to attempt in the driveway. One question I did have when looking at the rear deck arm latches. Do you unclip both from each side or just the 1 'lower' clip that attaches to the body? The pics and instructions I have are not clear when it come to how 'many' to unclip. The pics look like the ones attached to the motor pistons stay on and then the whole rear deck then swings forward and then with a drift pin locks in an upright position just aft of the folded up top.

Any direction here is greatly appreciated.

I took the digital pics last night but the lighting was poor so I'm going to redo those when the sun comes out this weekend. I will also list the products I used and the color names so that anyone else who would like to make their plastic hub embelms look like the expensive ones can tackle this in about 1 hr with a steady hand :) A fellow worker has a 911 with the expensive center hubs and mine look better than his now.