Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Which Car should i Choose

Hi All,

I am trying to decide on which car to purchase and here are my options

1. 2002 Targa, 60k miles, 2 owner care, purchase through dealer with CPO coverage. Nicely optioned $30,000.

2. 2002 Targa, 40k miles, private party sale, 2 owner car (present owner 5 years), all service records, agreed to allow a PPI. Nicely optioned and in great shape. $29,000.

3. 2003 Traga, 30k miles, independent dealer (have taken my other cars to them and trust them) 1 owner car, fully serviced and 30 day warranty. Nicely optioned and really like the color. $32,000.

Prices are bottom line firm. So my dilemma is which car should I go with?

Thanks

Hi All,

1. 2002 Targa, 60k miles, 2 owner care, purchase through dealer with CPO coverage. Nicely optioned $30,000.

2. 2002 Targa, 40k miles, private party sale, 2 owner car (present owner 5 years), all service records, agreed to allow a PPI. Nicely optioned and in great shape. $29,000.

3. 2003 Traga, 30k miles, independent dealer (have taken my other cars to them and trust them) 1 owner car, fully serviced and 30 day warranty. Nicely optioned and really like the color. $32,000.

Thanks

#3...get the newest available (all things equal)...

I agree option number 3 because of a year newer and because it has 10K less miles. Its worth the extra coin

Hi All,

Thanks

I agree option number 3 because of a year newer and because it has 10K less miles. Its worth the extra coin

Hi All,

Thanks

Option 3 looks like the best value to me and you seem to favor the color ! Go fot it! B)

I'm bucking the system, 60k is nothing for these cars. Work the dealer over for another $1k and get 2 years and 40,000 worth of worry free (not maintenence free) driving.

At the end of he warranty period, you will know whether you want to keep the car or make it someone elses problem.

Numer 3! What car did you buy?

#1 sold to someone else.

#2 Drove again on Sunday and the clutch operation felt very stiff and hard to engage. Also noticed a small oil drip under the car. Then looked at the floor where its parked, sure enough many new and old spots. I passed on that one.

#3 Going to make an offer on the car today (in 3 hours). Will post when i find out.

Numer 3! What car did you buy?

#1 sold to someone else.

#2 Drove again on Sunday and the clutch operation felt very stiff and hard to engage. Also noticed a small oil drip under the car. Then looked at the floor where its parked, sure enough many new and old spots. I passed on that one.

#3 Going to make an offer on the car today (in 3 hours). Will post when i find out.

We are $500 away from a deal. I need to speak with the wife but I think I am going to pull the trigger.

Split the difference -- or get something tossed in -- and drive her home!

I bought it today. We split the differnece and I bought it. 03 Targa, 31k miles, midnight blue on blue. Fantastic shape and full services history. Pick it up on Monday. :D

I'll be happy to charge my standard consult fee

Since you split the difference -- we'll share two mugs :cheers:

Edited by Loren