Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

B&M doesn't live up to its "lifetime" warranty...

... unless you provide them with the original receipt of purchase.

I had purchased a short shift kit from them many years ago.

I went with them instead of Schnell because they offered a "lifetime warranty".

Last week one of the teflon bushings (rearmost) gave out on me and I couldn't shift gears.

I called B&M and they told me that I just need to send the original receipt (which I've lost after so many years).

They wouldn't budge on this.

I asked them to sell me the broken bushing, they wouldn't.

The solution for them was for me to buy a new shifter.

Well, the solution for me was to make my own bushing!

But it really p!sses me off that a company offers a lifetime warranty and when that unit breaks they won't stand behind their promise.

If it's a lifetime warranty why do they require your receipt? Sears doesn't!

Finished ranting.

Happy Boxstering,

Pedro

... unless you provide them with the original receipt of purchase.

I had purchased a short shift kit from them many years ago.

I went with them instead of Schnell because they offered a "lifetime warranty".

Last week one of the teflon bushings (rearmost) gave out on me and I couldn't shift gears.

I called B&M and they told me that I just need to send the original receipt (which I've lost after so many years).

They wouldn't budge on this.

I asked them to sell me the broken bushing, they wouldn't.

The solution for them was for me to buy a new shifter.

Well, the solution for me was to make my own bushing!

But it really p!sses me off that a company offers a lifetime warranty and when that unit breaks they won't stand behind their promise.

If it's a lifetime warranty why do they require your receipt? Sears doesn't!

Finished ranting.

Happy Boxstering,

Pedro

Don't you just love companies like that what do they think you would do with that bushing? That sucks!

The lesson here is always keep your reciepts!!!! My wife has finally beaten that into my head. It comes in very handy to have a very organized reciept book for your car.

Then when you have jerks ask for the original reciept you can say "have it right here.."

Sorry to hear about your problem...

I actually cant see their point - If an item is warranted for life why does it matter about the receipt or indeed whether or not the owner was the original purchaser - Surely if they stand by their products for life then they should repair the thing irrespectively - or at the very least send the parts to repair free of charge

Hi Pedro,

Nice to see you here! I left PPBB becuase of all of the recent, all too often off topic discussions. I am mostly an info guy anyway so i am comfortable here. Really not interested in anyone's politics, watches, or brands of wax, just want an info exchange on Boxsters.

Would you put your website under your signature so that everyone here can benefit from it?

I have used it several times and it is a great help.

For those of you who do not know Pedro, he is quite the Boxster tech and his website is filled with DIY Boxster stuff. I am not affiliated in any way as I live 1500 miles from him, but he is a truly good guy in the hobby!

Regards,

Hi Pedro, Would you put your website under your signature so that everyone here can benefit from it?

I have used it several times and it is a great help.

Thanks for your kind words Sebastian.

I will put my website under my signature and hope DIY'ers can take advantage of the projects.

Happy Boxstering,

Pedro

Mentioned this on another board, but if we sold it to anyone, and anyone has an issue with the B&M unit (as rare as this might be) all they need to do is contact us.

We are their largest east coast distributor, and have leverage to lean on them if needed.

Hope all goes well. Thus far this has been a phenomenal product (and I know the post was not slanted against the product - which is great - just the service side). I've posted this to our National Acct Rep as well.

Thanks.

Eric:

I wish all of the companies we have to deal with have one tenth of your customer service awareness.

I know that if you sold it, even if your supplier wouldn't stand behind it, you would.

Thank you for your offer to supply me with bushings, even when I didn't purchase the shifter from BumpePlugs.

You are a true business man and auto enthusiast.

Keep up the good work.

Pedro

Edited by ppbon