Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Help! Car Won't Start!

I'm in a real bind here. And not sure what I did... I was trying to troubleshoot the anti-dazzle rear view mirror, and now the car won't start!!!

I forgot to disconnect the battery before I did any work, but here's the following steps I took.

1) Removed Driver's Seat, disconnected wire harness

2) Removed fuse box carpeting

3) removed screws from relay bay under the dash.

4) Turned relay to the back side (exposing where wires are)

5) Using TSB 6827, tried fooling with the wires from the anti-dazzle mirror on back of Relay Socket 28 and Relay Socket 11.

6) Couldn't figure anything out, put it all back together.

7) Reconnected Seat, put the support bay back on etc.

8) Confirmed all lights, and everything else worked fine.

9) Tried starting car.... just cranks, but never turns over, as if it's not getting any fuel.

What the heck did I do???

Just an update, I'm currently checking the fuses under the drivers side. Not sure if I should check somewhere else too. Looking for some other troubleshooting advice here... Or if someone has a hunch on what I might have disconnected or something?

the fuse pump relay is in that fuse cluster .. did you knock it loose or short it out?

I don't have the diagram near me which is which.

have you checked to see if aby engine codes?

m

I don't have my durametric cable on me to check. I'm hoping my dad can bring it up to me. But, that's what I was thinking, that possible the fuse pump relay is knocked out or shorted out some how. How do I check it? How do I remove the relay for that matter??

the fuse pump relay is in that fuse cluster .. did you knock it loose or short it out?

I don't have the diagram near me which is which.

have you checked to see if aby engine codes?

m

I don't have my durametric cable on me to check. I'm hoping my dad can bring it up to me. But, that's what I was thinking, that possible the fuse pump relay is knocked out or shorted out some how. How do I check it? How do I remove the relay for that matter??

if I remember correctly the fp eelay is next two a double space block mid panel.

it pulls right out with a bit of effort. I don't have my diagrams with me but u can short the switch and get the fuel pump to run .. I have done that before to check pressure and flow... but never tried to crank it then ... fuel line drained to bucket .. also way to dump bad gas.

I guess you could try to see if u can here it engage or if you have a meter check that when u r cranking the other side of relay has voltage.

on my cell not near computer wi th diagrams ... sorry .. good luck

What the heck did I do???

You may very well have accidentally detached one of the wires from behind the relay tray to its female spade, probably one of the wires to the fuse pump relay.

The fuse pump relay is located immediately to the left of the double relay for the convertible top (the only double one in that panel).

The position is third from the bottom row, and third from the left side (with no relays on the bottom row, and no relays on the left hand row).

Before you test the relay, etc., remove the relay tray again and examine the connection of each of the wires leading to the back of the plug onto which the fuel pump relay is pressed on.

To remove the relay, as txhokie says, just pull on it and rock it back and forth a little.

Regards, Maurice.

BTW.... has anyone succesfully got the anti-dazzle rearview mirror to work? I followed all the procedures in the TSB, but it just doesn't seem to be getting power, or not powering on. Unless there's something here I'm completely missing? Does it have to be activated by a PIWIS or something? It just makes no sense to me why it wouldn't be working, when I KNOW all the connetions are correct. (There's only 3.... The Blue / RED which goes to the welding point of all the Blue/Red wires under the drivers seat. The Brown, which goes to the back of the relay assembly, where all the other Browns are. And the Orange / Black, which goes to where all the other orange/black connections are on the back of the relay assembly).

There must be some "hidden step" I'm missing here somewhere.... ????

:huh:

Sure enough! Accidently jarred loose one of the female spades from the Fuel Pump Relay! Problem fixed ;) Thanks guys!

Sweet -- glad it was as simple as I had hoped.....

also glad I was able to give a little back to the this forum that has helped me so much.....

Happy Boxstering,

Mike