Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I bounced through a cement tunnel going 125 in my old 996. Destroyed the car, tore both rotater cuff tendons in my shoulders and almost doubled my insurance. I actually should have died....

I don't do that anymore. There are no "run off" areas on the street.

I would save the 145 mph runs for track days.

Stuff happens real fast at 145 mph....

Not saying you shouldn't go fast... Just be careful...

:drive:

Edited by phillipj

130 in this over-sized go-kart seemed fast enough. I would love to get it out on about 15,000 feet of runway and see how it flies.

I have two kids, a wife, and a lot of creditors that expect me to show up for work every day and to not do something stupid.

Low speed acceleration and the road hugging performance is really why I bought my C4S.

Last summer my wife and I were traveling from FL to VA. Had a short run against a Corvette up to 140 and he gave up, but the fastest I have had my 2008 Cayenne Turbo (modified) is 178 MPH on that same trip, next day.

We were in SC almost in NC and there was a black Jeep SRT that wanted to play. We hit speeds over 100 several times but we ran into traffic quickly. All of a sudden the SRT pulled off the road for some unknown reason to me. We continued on and thought nothing more about it... Then there they were again... they pulled over to change drivers, now the race was on. They pulled beside me in the right lane and the driver shook his finger at me to say he has me now! A car in front of him kept us from taking off so he pulled behind me. I held one finger in the air (my index finger) to get ready, he flashed he lights, I stomped on the gas, my wife yelling bloody murder and we took off like a bat out of hell!!! I pulled away so fast it was incredible, I watched the road ahead, glanced the rearview then looked down to see we were hitting 178 MPH... At first I was feeling so proud and how smooth the car was at this speed, but thinking back on it, it was probably smooth because of all the air being forced under the car and how dangerous the stunt was. After slowing down the SRT caught up with us, I moved to the right lane and they rolled down the window to give us a smile and a thumbs up. They were great sports about it. My wife started complaining telling me to stop and not race again, I simply replied "I'm not, I already proved my point".

To be fair about that race, my car has been modified and tuned a bit.

All I have to say that 1.. Your lucky you still have a wife and 2.. You could have killed somebody (and yourself and your wife). What the heck are you doing going 170+ MPH on a public road?

You think Michael Shumacher would go 170 on a public road?

All it takes it for someone to see you coming that fast and move in the wrong direction... Then you are dead..

Obviously you have never crashed at speed... It's not a lot of fun.. Even if you survive you may be breathing out of a tube for the rest of your life. Or worse yet looking at your wifes grave.. Do yourself, your family and everyone else on the road a favor and use your freakin head.

Take your beast out to the track. Road course, dragstrip whatever. Then you will see you aren't the fastest guy out there. Not by a long shot..

Edited by phillipj

To answer question No. 1 after statement No. 2: Select Link

Looks like Michael Schumacher endorses driving fast on public roads after all

Woah woah WOAH! Speeding on public roads is a loaded topic. Expect some strongly opinionated replies and let it go!

Edited by 355bhp

My speedometer on my 02 C2 Cab hit 292 KMHs on a long private stretch (flat)....this equates to 181 MPH which is a couple of MPHs faster than what the specs say are the limit. I have heard that Porsche speedometers read liberally, does anyone know how "liberally"?

I have had the opportunity to do this on more than one occasion and I must admit it doesn't suck. After a second, and a deep breath it is amazing how things "slow down". Your senses adjust accordingly....

As fun as it is though I must agree with the above posters, nothing beats tracking the car and letting the rear end slide abit in high speed turns...

Sorry I brought any of it up.

Everybody took the high road on me.

I'm ashamed.

I'll have to go back to my ADVRIDER forum.

They don't seem to mind these questions there.

I promise not to bring this up here again. :(