Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

2005-2006 Boxster/Boxster S standard/optional equipment

In the contributing members section here there are some owners manuals and option codes but is secure. Not exactly what you need perhaps but good info..

Also if you look up the vehicles in edmunds.com or autotrader.com, they typically have a lot of feature/options/specs info.

Good luck,

DC

Its unusual to find a car priced on its options second hand. It also depends on which model of Boxster you plan to buy and what year.

For example the 987 is standard with air con on the S model but climate control is an option

Xenon headlights - option

Leather topped dash and door cards - option

full leather seats - option

Sports seats (have wings on shoulders) - option

Electric seats (standard or sport options available) - option

Heated seats - option

Cruise control - option

CD changer in front boot - option

Sound package amplifier and additional speakers - option

Bose sound system - option

PCM satellite navigation - option

PASM (porsche active suspension) - option

6 speed gearbox - standard on S option on 2.7

Sport chrono / sport chrono plus - (includes a sport button on dash and lap timer with PCM cars) - option

18" wheels - standard on S option on 2.7

19" wheels - option

wheels spacers - option

short shift - option

park distance control - option

automatic dippping rear mirror and rain sensing wipers - option

multi function steering wheel - option only with PCM

aluminium / wood or carbon center console - option

polished rear tailpipe - option

back to back D twin rear tailpipe - standard on S option on 2.7

twin round 90mm tailpipe - option

Sports switchable exhaust - option

PSM - porsche stability managment - standard

OBC in dash display- standard

red calipers - standard on S

sports steering wheel (round airbag) - option

alcantara/ wood/ carbon or aluminium trim steering wheel - option

metallic paint - option

front fogs - standard

Edited by berty987

Thanks a lot for taking your time to reply guys, I guess it was silly of me not to mention I'm considering 2005-2006 Boxster/Cayman in US. So does the list of features posted by berty987 applies to those models? Ideally, I'd like to find 30k+ miles 05-06 S-model with PCM, however I've only seen one of these and it had horrible interior. :(

Back in a day when I had a bimmer, there was a web-site where you could enter the VIN number and it would spit out factory options on the car. Is there anything similar for Porsche which wouldn't require a trip to the dealer? Is there maybe a network of dealer-independent service centres which would have access to this information?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot for taking your time to reply guys, I guess it was silly of me not to mention I'm considering 2005-2006 Boxster/Cayman in US. So does the list of features posted by berty987 applies to those models? Ideally, I'd like to find 30k+ miles 05-06 S-model with PCM, however I've only seen one of these and it had horrible interior. sad.gif

Back in a day when I had a bimmer, there was a web-site where you could enter the VIN number and it would spit out factory options on the car. Is there anything similar for Porsche which wouldn't require a trip to the dealer? Is there maybe a network of dealer-independent service centres which would have access to this information?

There is a list of option code under the front hood, just look up that list online yourself :)

I think the dealer can also help you out with this..

• Admin

Which side/corner of the hood or under the hood exactly is it?

Thanks!

Should be pretty much in the center.

If not then either it was left off at teh factory or the hood has been replaced.

There should also be a copy in your Owner's Maintenance Manual (usually stapled to the last page).

• Moderators

987 also have the sticker on the inside of the hood, at least if the dealer has done his job properly. It is, of course always possible that there is a new hood installed due an earlier car accident.

I don't believe the 987 has that sticker under the hood like the 986 did. My 06 doesn't, and there's nothing in the Maint. manual either.

Steve

my 987S06 also don't have it under the front hood.. and it never been replaced..

• Admin

I don't believe the 987 has that sticker under the hood like the 986 did. My 06 doesn't, and there's nothing in the Maint. manual either.

Steve

my 987S06 also don't have it under the front hood.. and it never been replaced..

Then the delivering dealer failed to install it.

• 5 weeks later...

Steve

Then the delivering dealer failed to install it.

My 05 S has the sticker in the owner manual on the inside front cover. So you may want to check there too. The delivering dealer installed it in a place that will not get replaced or destroyed in an accident. Makes more sense I think. Attaching a paper sticker and expecting it to last forever... not the best idea porsche ever had.