Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Cheap 2nd Cat Bypass pipes

So I was thinking about fabricating some 2nd cat bypass pipes cheap, nothing as fancy or polished as some of the ones out there for $600 or mandrel bent. I may own a Porsche but I don't believe in just throwing money away. Would make it bolt on so would have to fab the bracket. Dyno it? Who knows.

Would anyone be interested in a set for around $150 - $200? Might be cheaper. This would be for my 05 CS

Edited by touareg

I'd be interested... I've considered that upgrade ever since I picked up my 04CS just can't justfy spending that much right now (2 kids under 3) BUT... If I could attain the same results for alot cheaper it would definitely interest me.

So I was thinking about fabricating some 2nd cat bypass pipes cheap, nothing as fancy or polished as some of the ones out there for $600 or mandrel bent. I may own a Porsche but I don't believe in just throwing money away. Would make it bolt on so would have to fab the bracket. Dyno it? Who knows.

Would anyone be interested in a set for around $150 - $200? Might be cheaper. This would be for my 05 CS

Good to see there is some interest. I am a little busy with work right now, but as the weather gets better and I get some time I will look into it some more and get back to you all. I am glad to see I am not the only one that thinks these are a little over priced!

I have a set of Fabspeed 2ndary Cat Bypass Pipes I just took off my 06 Cayenne S that I am looking to sell. If you want to use them as a model to have pipes bent the same as these, I will sell them to you or anybody else for $300. Let me know if you have any questions.

I have a set of Fabspeed 2ndary Cat Bypass Pipes I just took off my 06 Cayenne S that I am looking to sell. If you want to use them as a model to have pipes bent the same as these, I will sell them to you or anybody else for $300. Let me know if you have any questions.

That would great! I was going to base it of an existing cat.

I have sent you a PM.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Curious why nobody has just gutted the secondry cats?

Did this on my Audi and my R1 and it works great. The secondary pipes on the Cayenne just unbolt and the cat is right at th end for aery gutting. Would take a touch of labor but a totally free way to do it.

Just google "piggie pipes" and you will see picture of what the Audi guys do. I used these on a 500hp/600tq Audi and they flowed fine.

Edited by Streetcrawler

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Any updates on this? I am going to look into making some on my own as well. Seems like $600 bucks for some shiny pipes is a bit much. I could buy a whole exhaust system in stainless for my Cobra for that price. Not sure why in the world ANYONE would pay $600 for just 2 little pieces with some flanges on them. What a ripoff.

you can also get $20 brake pads for a mustang, hardly a comparison

So you would pay $600 dollars for 2 flanges, some pipe and someone to weld all the parts together? WOW. I am not sure where you were going with the $20 dollar mustang brake pads but you can also buy some for the Cayenne for $40 dollars. Does the dollar amount on brake pads have anything to do with the cost of the exhaust? Not so much. If you paid $200 for these pipes would you still be upset that they did not cost $600? I am SURE you would not. I am just trying to find a cheaper setup since I know for a fact the parts can NOT cost so much to fabricate. Also not sure why anyone would need a mirror polish on these UNDER their car. Stainless will work just fine without it being polished. <~~~ Another reason I am sure people are paying more for these pieces.

you can also get $20 brake pads for a mustang, hardly a comparison

Not really a good comparison on several levels.

First, Mustangs and the Brakes used on them are produced at a massively different scale. Littlerally millions of those brakes in use.

Secondly, we are talking about exhaust tubing here. Available at any auto parts store and every muffler shop on every street corner in the world. Stuff hat fits every car on earth. Nothing about it is more special on a Porsche than any other car.

• 1 year later...

I also have the Fabspeeds and they were a perfect fit. I would have bought cheaper ones if they were available as they probably really don't need to be Stainless, or polished, at least not here in WA state as we don't salt the roads but there was no cheaper alternative at the time. I thought about making something up myself as I did in my Viper but they were simple straight pipes with band clamps. To bend them properly and get a flange on them isn't worth my time for the price and I wouldn't want to cut the flange off the other end just to use band clamps.

• 2 months later...