Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

987 Decal

I just bought a 2005 987. I want to do the same thing i did for my 1999 986. I replaced the rear Boxster badge and replaced it with a 968 decal. I just switched it around to read 986. Is there something out their I could use to make a 987 Rear Badge?

There is nothing available from Porsche that I could find. Also have not seen any elsewhere either. You may be able to have a decal made, but short of that I am not aware of any 987 badges.

Some folks on eBay make knock-offs sometimes so you may look there as well.

DC

Thanks for the response. Looked at Ebay nothing... I will have to go to a local print shop and see if they can duplicate something. I dont really want a flat decal. It needs to look OEM.

could try to combine a BMW 7-series emblem (i.e. 740iL) with a 986 emblem to make a 987 yourself... if you get them both from the same aftermarket e-bay place they should have a similar size / finish...

Edited by danieldolin

987edit.jpgI made some out of 1/8 stainless and had them lazercut. I will enclose a picture. Took about 3 hours in autocad ,the 9 and the 8 are porsche font and the 7 is what took 3 hours to design. I was thinking of debadging the rear and repalcing with the 987 badge but decided to wait. In the picture i placed the #s by the boxster badge to get an idea as to size and composition. If i were to use them the boxster badge would have to be removed. Sorry,picture is not great but i can email you the same picture but not photobucketized if you are interested in a set. Edited by zedex

987edit.jpgI made some out of 1/8 stainless and had them lazercut. I will enclose a picture. Took about 3 hours in autocad ,the 9 and the 8 are porsche font and the 7 is what took 3 hours to design. I was thinking of debadging the rear and repalcing with the 987 badge but decided to wait. In the picture i placed the #s by the boxster badge to get an idea as to size and composition. If i were to use them the boxster badge would have to be removed. Sorry,picture is not great but i can email you the same picture but not photobucketized if you are interested in a set.

I purchased this 987 badge on e-bay and it was really well made....this fellow (who unfortunately I don't have an ID of) made them in aluminum look, and I emailed him and he made one in black...very nice quality, came with 3m tape attached... :thumbup:

post-37913-127135007111_thumb.jpg

I purchased this 987 badge on e-bay and it was really well made....this fellow (who unfortunately I don't have an ID of) made them in aluminum look, and I emailed him and he made one in black...very nice quality, came with 3m tape attached... thumbup.gif

So the decal's are on the way. Now any suggestions on how to make sure it is placed correclty?

where did you end up ordering from?

Zedex did send them to me. I believe it was a one off.

Edited by ghiaguy0

Hi - I'd be interested in the numbers. I think they would look sharp on the car. What would you want for them?

Thanks,

Craig

Actually i had 3 sets made. If anyone else wants a set i can probably let one more go.