Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Notto Se Hid Conversion Kit

Has anybody ever tried this HID conversion kit from Notto?

http://www.carid.com...at=86679&page=1

I selected 2003 911 996 since that's what I have, but they also carry kits for all other years of a 996 and more. The price seems too good to be true. Perhaps those of you who have tried this kit or those of you who are knowledgeable on this topic can share with us your thoughts on this conversion kit.

Hope this thread is useful for you guys. I also attached an image for reference.

Jason

• 9 months later...

HI,

Wondering if you went ahead and installed them? If you did whether your happy with them?

I have a 1999 911 C2 coupe and have also been looking to upgrade. The price is attractive at $100. I also saw the PelicanParts kit for $3000 which probably has self-leveling.

My concern about this kit and others like it consists of bulbs and ballast only (no self-leveling ). From what I've read is that they can flash or blind on coming traffic when going over bumps or hills which can be unsafe. Has anyone experienced this?

Has anybody ever tried this HID conversion kit from Notto?

http://www.carid.com...at=86679&page=1

I selected 2003 911 996 since that's what I have, but they also carry kits for all other years of a 996 and more. The price seems too good to be true. Perhaps those of you who have tried this kit or those of you who are knowledgeable on this topic can share with us your thoughts on this conversion kit.

Hope this thread is useful for you guys. I also attached an image for reference.

Jason

• Moderators

Any aftermarket HID “kit” that does not include projector assemblies is going to be subject it intense glare for on-coming drivers. Some states have begun to crack down on the use of these kits, failing cars at inspection time, and a couple have begun to issue “unsafe vehicle” citations which require the car be repaired on site or towed to a shop before it can be used on the road again.

In addition to the glare and legality issues, we have had several cars with these aftermarket HID’s come into the shop with all kinds of electrical problems, ranging from error codes in the onboard computer system, charging problems, to burnt wiring, and HID’s that would not ignite. As the result of the problems we have seen, when we get a car with these systems installed in them in for a PPI, we rate this item as a “deduct” from the car’s value……..

Any aftermarket HID "kit" that does not include projector assemblies is going to be subject it intense glare for on-coming drivers. Some states have begun to crack down on the use of these kits, failing cars at inspection time, and a couple have begun to issue "unsafe vehicle" citations which require the car be repaired on site or towed to a shop before it can be used on the road again.

In addition to the glare and legality issues, we have had several cars with these aftermarket HID's come into the shop with all kinds of electrical problems, ranging from error codes in the onboard computer system, charging problems, to burnt wiring, and HID's that would not ignite. As the result of the problems we have seen, when we get a car with these systems installed in them in for a PPI, we rate this item as a "deduct" from the car's value……..

++++ 1

This advice is spot on.

Don't do it.

In addition it makes your 996 look like a ricer Honda

Thanks.

It confirms what I suspected all along.

Any aftermarket HID "kit" that does not include projector assemblies is going to be subject it intense glare for on-coming drivers. Some states have begun to crack down on the use of these kits, failing cars at inspection time, and a couple have begun to issue "unsafe vehicle" citations which require the car be repaired on site or towed to a shop before it can be used on the road again.

In addition to the glare and legality issues, we have had several cars with these aftermarket HID's come into the shop with all kinds of electrical problems, ranging from error codes in the onboard computer system, charging problems, to burnt wiring, and HID's that would not ignite. As the result of the problems we have seen, when we get a car with these systems installed in them in for a PPI, we rate this item as a "deduct" from the car's value……..

++++ 1

This advice is spot on.

Don't do it.

In addition it makes your 996 look like a ricer Honda

Agree with all who are against it... The reality is that if you are putting these into an assembly for a halogen bulb that you will be doing everyone, including yourself a disservice. The lights will blind oncoming drivers, will be hard to aim correctly and while they appear to make things brighter close to your vehicle, their long-range performance (from a visibility perspective) is actually poorer.