Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I am in the market for a Cayenne and have found a 06 Turbo that is nice with quite ok mileage. It is reasonably well equipped and is actually a bit cheaper than others in the same year/mileage range. This car has the E81 option which I know is the very expensive power kit with upgraded engine, suspension and brakes. The dealer does not seem to know that the car is special in this way and I am sure not about to tell him.

Would this be a run and buy situation or is the E81 just another option and nothing to value to highly?

It's a nearly $20,000 option and raises power to 540 HP, which is just hellaciously insane for an SUV. Not knowing anything else about the car, I would say it's a rare option and you'll have a ton of fun ; )

On the 06 model it is actually a leap from 450 to 500HP, but yes I think I agree... The 380mm front brakes seems just awesome... If it was not for the E81 this car would be in the running against a few other candidates, but I am wondering if the E81 should be the deal-sealer here or not. All other things being about equal. I did plan on taking my sweet old time to surf around and decide later, but this one seems to be one I should buy before the dealer finds out it has E81 and advertises it as such.

Edited by mmmbeer

The dealer would have to be completely inept to not know. Its completely obvious thanks to the rotors. Speaking of which, if you do take the plunge, make sure it wont need front brakes any time soon. The rotors are about 800 bucks each IIRC. The extra power is nice too but how often are you WOT racing someone?

I wouldn't say the E81 should be the deal sealing factor. It seems like the rare expensive options don't usually do all that much for resale once the car has some miles on it. Its kind of like having a pool. Sure it cost 50 grand but it only adds 10k to the value of your house. So unless you love the car for everything else it is, I would say the E81 in-and-of-itself isn't worth it.

Thats a nice link Loren, but it is for the 2008 model. Do you have anything similar for the 2006 model year?

The car is bought and pending a ppi and some minor things it is on its way "home".

I found the 2003 onwards Powerkit retrofitting documents in the TSB section. My soon to be new Cayene Turbo MY06 has E81. There was a E81 kit taking HP from 450 to 500 for the earlier cars. Perhaps not in the US-version?

• 7 months later...

I'm a little late to this thread but yes the Power kit E81 was available in the U.S. and it is more than just the power as mentioned. New ECU and suspension ECU, new Intercoolers, Servotronic tweeked, brakes, boost increase. It definitely steers, accelerates, and brakes better.