Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

996 TT 2003 Tip

Should i buy this 996 TT 2003 Tip 88k miles From a friend who just picked up his 2010 997 TT PDK yesterday (man that rig is sick fast)

Dealer offered him $25k on trade. Which i can write him a check for.

it has few cracked interior parts

post-22197-078727000 1284750313_thumb.jp

post-22197-064866900 1284750324_thumb.jp

post-22197-003512700 1284750565_thumb.jp

post-22197-071899500 1284750573_thumb.jp

post-22197-069587000 1284750580_thumb.jp

Edited by fredkhaz

no body work done .. i know the car since 2004 with 15000 miles on it .. just had a new transmission installed by the dealer ...

where do u think i can get the trim parts ??

On the face of it, it looks very cheap. The trim parts can be easily replaced, but what about the major stuff? Mileage, service history, condition of bodywork, etc, etc?

You can get order new trim parts from any Porsche dealer, or try Sunset Imports: http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?app=spoffers&do=sunset

Has it done mega-miles? Is that why the trade-in offer was low?

Generally speaking, Porsches in the US are cheaper than here in the UK, but (without knowing more details) that seems like a very good buy.

LOL i did not put the miles, has 88,000 miles mostly freeway

he did 60 freeway miles each day to work and back for 5 years he doesnt work full time.

You can get order new trim parts from any Porsche dealer, or try Sunset Imports: http://www.renntech....ffers&do=sunset

Has it done mega-miles? Is that why the trade-in offer was low?

Generally speaking, Porsches in the US are cheaper than here in the UK, but (without knowing more details) that seems like a very good buy.

Edited by fredkhaz

Well I'm sure someone with more "local knowledge" on US prices will chip in, but if I was offered such a car in the UK at that price I would bite his hand off. It would cost 50% more over here from a private seller.

996T's are relatively bullet-proof, but that doesn't mean to say that they don't have their foibles. Things like turbo wastegate actuators, diverter valves, and the usual 996 items like aircon rads, etc. Even bearing the chace of those sorts of costs, I'd suggest you could run it for a couple of years and sell it privately and near enough get your money back.

Fred,

What ever you do, get a PPI before any money is exchanged. And, preferably by someone other than the dealer in question.

At first glance, the dealer offered nearly $7,000 less than NADA's value for a "rough" trade-in, i.e., $31,650....this against $37,325 for a "clean trade-in" and $43,925 for "clean retail". (Perhaps the dealer gave your friend such a low price, $25,000 was as much as he could give on a trade. Or, perhaps the car has problems that wouldn't warrant a higher trade-in allowance.)

At any rate, get a PPI.

Bill

The fact it is a Twin Turbo is the only reason it's a bargain, even then the mileage is high for a dealer hence their offer to your buddy is on the low side. I am looking at 2007 or 2008 997's right now and I am getting dealer offers in the region of $22-23k for my 2003 C4 manual Cabriolet with 55k miles. Dealers like to turn a healthy profit and there's a risk for them in owning a 7, nearly 8 yrs old high mileage Porsche, the same as the rest of us. Remember, they can't cert pre-own it any longer and the number of owners is at least 2 and likely more the way TT's changes hands as they are often first leased. If you can vouch for the last 50% of the miles, I'd jump in and get yourself a bargain at dealer prices and be thankful you know the guy.