Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Dyno Results for Dansk Sports Cat on Boxster S

Just got back from the dyno today. Results as follows :

Horsepower (at the wheels)

Base run with Dansk headers : 224.9bhp @ 6,520rpm

Run with Dansk Sports Cat : 231.2bhp @ 6,498rpm

Gain : 6.3bhp at about 6,500rpm

Torque (at the wheels)

Base run with Dansk headers : 180.7ft/lb @ 5,816rpm

Run with Dansk Sports Cat : 186.08ft/lb@ 5,827rpm

Gain : 5.38ft/lb at about 5,800rpm

The fuel used for all dyno is 100 Octane as this is available from most pumps locally.

I've got the dyno graph but gotta find a scanner to scan it in. Basically, the horsepower and torque gain was throughout the rpm range with the exception of 3,000 - 3,500rpm where the bhp was about the same as before.

I'm attaching some before/after comparison photos of the setup and cat itself.

Points to note for installation :

1) You will require 2 U joints (left and right cat) for the connection between the cat and the muffler. The original connectors can't be used. Reason being the muffler pipe now slots into the cat pipe (cat pipe diameter is bigger when previously, its the same as before).

2) The left cat piping will hit against the anti roll bar during hard acceleration. During installation on the hoist, you will NOT see them touching each other. However, you will need to bend the muffler bracket to create more clearance between the anti-roll bar and the cat piping. Right is ok. I had to go back on the hoist twice to adjust the clearance.

The weights are :

Stock Cat : 8.82lbs

Dansk Cat : 6.61lbs

So there is some savings in weight.

BUT....

Stock Headers : 4.4lbs

Dansk Headers : 7.72lbs!

But I guess the better flow and equal length pipes more than make up for the increased weight.

That's it. I'll probably do the Evo filter only next week.

post-3669-1104473176_thumb.jpg

post-3669-1104473189_thumb.jpg

post-3669-1104473206_thumb.jpg

post-3669-1104473219_thumb.jpg

post-3669-1104473235_thumb.jpg

Great info! Are the Dansk Cats 200 cell? Any problems with check engine lights? Were all the 02 sensor fittings kept and used?

I'm not sure about how many cells Danks has. There were no check engine lights or I would definitely have told you guys about it :)

The cats will accomodate the original O2 sensors which I kept. As my car is a 2000, it does not have a secondary cat at the header. The Dansk headers though has a hole where you can screw in the O2 sensor for 2002 cars.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm... very interesting! Thanks for the information. A few questions, though. What is your location? My '00 S has header pre-cats (USA). Also, did you happen to measure any pipe diameters so I can get an idea of the increase? Thanks, again!

• 2 weeks later...
Hmmm... very interesting!  Thanks for the information.  A few questions, though.  What is your location?  My '00 S has header pre-cats (USA).  Also, did you happen to measure any pipe diameters so I can get an idea of the increase?  Thanks, again!

I'm from Singapore which is in Asia. We get our cars Euro spec. I suspect the California emission laws are a ***** and Porsche may've put in the additional cat at the headers to get into the US market.

I did not get any pipe diameter measurement though. Didn't think that was important. But my car is now having the muffler put in. Let me see whether I can get it measured tomorrow when I drop by the garage again.