Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Recommendations of wheels for my 986

They also come in 18"

Not under a Porsche part # they don't. Personally, I refuse to buy no-name, factory wheel knock-offs. If you want aftermarket, that's fine, there are plenty of reputable brands, but if you want factory wheels, get real factory wheels. That said, real 997 Turbo wheels are a 19x11 in the rear, which you will never fit on a Boxster.

A good portion of what Wheel Enhancement sells are knock-offs, and I recently heard a very disturbing story about a set of wheels that was purchased there.

I like the wheels that came on my Boxster. No idea what model they are though. Ignore the orange crap on my brakes. Sometimes rain water tends to do that and then it wipes right off. img0227kh.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by blues3531

A good portion of what Wheel Enhancement sells are knock-offs, and I recently heard a very disturbing story about a set of wheels that was purchased there.

I've had nothing but excellent experience with Wheel Enhancement OEM Porsche wheels and Michelin tires. They helped me with my C4S, Boxster S and GT3. I have no affiliation with them other than being a satisfied customer.

The bad experience was with a company with a similar name, but it is NOT the same company as "Wheel Enhancement": http://www.6speedonl...ust-see-19.html

See post #273 for one poster's summary of the 19 page thread. The part that disturbed me the most was that the "repairs" were not disclosed.

Regards, Maurice.

Edited by 1schoir

Here is another member's experience with Wheel Enhancement: http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-turbo-gt2/239523-kinesis-f110-wheels-cracked-must-see-19.html

See post #273 for one poster's summary of the 19 page thread. The part that disturbed me the most was that the "repairs" were not disclosed.

Regards, Maurice.

Their experience is with 'Wheel Dynamics'. Is Wheel Enhancement their new name or did you just confuse the two companies?

Their experience is with 'Wheel Dynamics'. Is Wheel Enhancement their new name or did you just confuse the two companies?

Corrected post: Wheel Enhancement is in Culver City, CA.... Wheel Dynamics is in Monterey Park, CA. The latter company may have changed its name by now because that story was everywhere, and even ended up on "Jalopnik.com".

Regards, Maurice.

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought some 18" OZ Alleggerita HLT wheels for my '04 986S as track wheels, but really like the look. Gonna have to rethink which wheels get the race rubber!

what tire sizes and brand of tire did you use, i loooooooooooooove your wheels AWESOME!

• 2 months later...

19's on a 986

I have posted these before and always get railed for "you are not supposed to put 19's on that year of Boxter"

but the outside dimensions of the front and rears (diameter and width) are the same and the rims themselves

are 1/2" wider than the stock 18's.

I've had these Ruf (knockoffs) for two years and they work great. The ride is 95-98% as good as with the stock setup.

The look is unlike any other Boxter and I love it. The quality and finish of these aftermarket rims is above reproach.

I am completely satisfied. Probably the easiest wheels out there to clean also.

Check it out at "Porsches to Oxford" next week and see for yourselves.

Fronts: 19x8.5 with 225/35-19 Toyo Proxess-4 (50 mm offset)

Rears: . 19x10 with 265/30-19 Toyo Proxess-4 (47 mm offset)

RUFWHEELS051.jpgRUFWHEELS053.jpg

RUFWHEELS013-2.jpg

• 4 months later...

What's wrong with the wheels you have? Have you ever seen your car in motion with those wheels it is a thing of beauty and you'll realize why Porsche chose them for the Boxster. The only reason I would change wheels would be to go to a lighter weight wheel like the S's had on them.