Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

A few questions...

1. Is there a link showing how to remove the stickers and saftey warning on the visors?

2. What is the proper torque for tightening wheel bolts? and do I need to re-lube the bolts each time I take off the wheel? (periodic cleaning of inner rim)

3. What lightbulb goes in the side markers and front headlights that is "white" when on? I have bi-xenons. I don't want any orange when the lights are on, and I'm not worried about local/DOT laws.

4. What is the part number for the cap that covers the silver bracket/rod holder in the center of the back seats, once you have removed the back seats?

Thanks for any answers :thumbup:

ps. my car is an 05' C4S, if that matters.

On your light bulb question, I changed most of the bulbs on my car:

Philips Silver Vision PY21W turn signal bulbs (front & rear)--they blink yellow, but are silver coated so you don't see a yellow shadow when unlit.

Philips BlueVision W5W side marker bulbs (I assume you have clear side markers).

Philips BlueVision H6W parking light bulbs (match the xenon headlights much better than the yellowish stock bulbs).

Powerbulbs sells the above, and offers the W5W bulbs free when you order other bulbs:

http://www.powerbulbs.co.uk/

For fog lights, I use PIAA H3 Xtreme White (55w=110w, part number 15255), got mine at Autobarn (they match the xenon headlights much better than the yellowish stock bulbs):

http://www.autobarn.net/h3xtremewhite.html

The only bulbs I haven't found acceptable replacements for are the H11 (additional high beam with xenon headlights). The stock bulb is yellowish, and Philips and Hoen make replacement bulbs but they are blue coated and cause a blue shadow on the headlight reflector when unlit (too ricey for me). Anybody found a good replacement H11 bulb?

Edited by Poursha

Thanks Poursha, but I'd like to find some bulbs that DON'T flash yellow. I don' want any yellow lights visible when the lights are on, or when I am turning. I'd like to have white flashing and white illuminated on the side markers.

In my Expedition I removed all the yellow bulbs and put in clear. The bulbs, when on, always was white. It makes for a cleaner look.

Thanks Poursha, but I'd like to find some bulbs that DON'T flash yellow. I don' want any yellow lights visible when the lights are on, or when I am turning. I'd like to have white flashing and white illuminated on the side markers.

In my Expedition I removed all the yellow bulbs and put in clear. The bulbs, when on, always was white. It makes for a cleaner look.

May look better but probably illegal.