Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Has anyone installed a set of aftermarket side skirts or rear spoiler to there 996??? (or the rear bumper side chin spoilers) If so what brand did you use and are they a good fit or did you have a bad experience w/ poorly made parts?? If you have any pics and or info on where to buy nice quality parts please advise. I'm looking to spruce up my 996 cab but worried I might not get good quality parts. Also did you have them painted or did you order them painted? Thanks for any help or advise you can offer! :thumbup:

I checked this for 99-01 recently and was very surprised at the cost for skirts. I want to say it was $200 per side (requires $$$$ painting of course).

02-04 was more in the $500 per side range for skirts.

Edited by logray

I had side skirts, GT3 rear bumper winglets, Gt3 front bumper and and a rear wing on my 1999 996. They were from NR Automotive. Very good quality and fitment. Not cheap though.. You will have to paint no matter what. The most crucial part of this mod is who does the install and piant work. Ask pmkazz about that... Pay up and have it done right.. I agree to try to find Porsche parts if you can. Sometimes you can find a sale on Sunset, Suncoast Porsche for the whole body kit.. Don't for get about the GT3 front bumper...

i just invested $$$ in the side skirts, rear wing and front lip spoiler which i will paint in the spring. I have an 02 996 cabrio and i also wanted to spruce it up a bit. I purchased my parts from Better Bodies motorsports who are an actual manufacturer and they provide installation instructions on you tube that do not look that hard if you take your time.

As far as painting them i will paint my self(if you feel confident) as i have a compressor, gun and will just have to purchase the paint as i have painted some vehicles in the past it is not that hard but you just need to take your time. Otherwise you will have to pay some $$$ to use a body shop for paint and maybe installation.

now i just need to get a rear spoiler deck lid wiring harness, for when i switch to my new rear wing and do not want the light on my dash all the time, does anyone know the part number for that and would you just purchase from a pelican parts,ect,ect....Thanks..

I did after market side skirts, front wing and GT 3 rear wing. Had them all painted at the same time by my painter. Front and side skirts were Razzi and the rear wing was from Asia. All fit pretty good. Prep is everything with painting so spend your money on a good painter. The rear wing harness is not bad option to buy as without the updated harness the third brake light won't work on top of the light for spoiler up/down is annoying - the light on the dash also does double duty as engine cover UNLATCHED. Always paint to sample - not paint codes. Take the old plastic cover off the wing and give it to your painter to match to.

I added a factory Aerokit spoiler and side skirts to my MY2003 cab. a few months ago. I purchased the side skirts from Sunset Porsche for $680 and the spoiler for $950.

I painted the parts myself using PP&G for about $200 in materials. Total cost was about $1850.

post-499-0-02941800-1326168700_thumb.jpg

post-499-0-00433400-1326168737_thumb.jpg

post-499-0-70309900-1326168775_thumb.jpg

Edited by mffarrell

I added a factory Aerokit spoiler and side skirts to my MY2003 cab. a few months ago. I purchased the side skirts from Sunset Porsche for $680 and the spoiler for $950.

I painted the parts myself using PP&G for about $200 in materials. Total cost was about $1850.

+ 1 for PP&G paints and clear coats.

+ 1 for PP&G paints and clear coats.

Funny, I had to learn to paint all over again. In CA., it's almost impossible to purchase solvent based paints. So, I learned how to paint water based paint, using PP&G Enviobase waterborne paint, then clearcoat with PP&G Omni MC770 2.1 VOC High Gloss Urethane Clear.

The learning curve wasn't too bad. The gloss/sheen is unreal.

• 1 month later...