Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest
Hi Guys, I am a new member of this community and I am very happy to be here.
My name is Mathias and I just bought my very first car. I am university student so I wanted a cool, sports car and as I live in Dubai, the weather is warm so a convertible was ideal. I have therefore just bought my first car, the Porsche Boxster, 2006. As this is my first car, and I have bought it as the 3rd owner. I have a lot of questions about how I should maintain the car, and hope you guys can help😎🏎
So first of all, it’s a Porsche Boxster in a beautiful red, with a black soft top, from 2006 that has driven approx. 80,000 km.
it has a beige interior.
1) the paint inside the car has scratches and shows the black color under the beige coating. How can I fix this?
2) the speakers and radio signal is very poor and I want to be able to play music via Bluetooth and aux, is this possible?
3) is it possible to set up Cameras in the car, for parking?
4) there are scratches on the exterior, and I took it to the Porsche center, and they said they do not have a perfect match to this color as they don’t make it in this specific red anymore. Is there anything I can do?
5) the leather inside is looking a little bit worn, is it possible to fix this up?
6) lastly, is there any mods, DIY upgrades or accessories you recommend I to add to this 2006 Boxster?
At the 16 year mark, my leather is beginning to show its age, so I would like to use one of the dye products available to spruce them up. The problem is getting the correct color.
I have always thought of my 2000 Cab as having the lighter of the two gray options. From browsing on eBay, I became convinced that Graphite Grey was the darker of the two, as it certainly looked darker than my leather in eBay ads. Unfortunately, the good folks at SeatDocs.com did not have a formula for a lighter, unspecified grey. At LeatherMagic, they have a Space Grey ... but it appears very dark ... certainly darker than my color. Finally, the tag under my hood says "CE" where the interior color code is located. I believe (but cannot recall where) I read that leather code "C" denotes Graphite Grey. So ... I am thoroughly confused
Any help / enlightenment would be greatly appreciated.
Need some help finding a part number, and for the matter, the name of the part! The picture just shows the passengers side of a piece that surrounds the dashboard (I think its all one part, anyway). It's between the windshield and the dash. Does anyone know what this part is called and what the part number may be? This is for 2001 996 Carrera.
Can anyone tell me how to remove the plastic trim piece that encases the rear seat belt tensioner on my 2004 996 Targa? I found/removed the screw at the very back that's under the rearmost piece of carpet. There's a clip or something else closer to the front of the car that's still holding it in place though, and I can't see it. I don't want to just start pulling and break it...
Hi, it seems the sticker with vehicle information on my Cayenne is damaged. Was looking for interior color code, to buy perfect match touch up paint. In car sticker is damaged, on vehicle hand book information pack, there is no interior color code. Any one can help please?