Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

started slowly to look for tires. i have an 05 ctt. rims are the 19" option design wheels (19x9 et60 i believe).

the oem tires are 275/45/19. i was hoping to get somehing wider and bit lower sudewall.

can anyone suggest sizes that will fit on that rim and the car? i was thinking of the vredestein sessantas.

thanks.

been there but they do not tell you about info I seek. I am aware of tire sizes and what the numbers mean. I am trying to see what real live users have experienced.

Will a 285/45/19 fit fine onto the rim without issues? will this size have enough clearance on the car (05 CTT). What other non stock sizes did people buy and have no issues with.

That is the kind of info I am looking for re the 05CTT I have (my stock tire size is 275/45/19 Cayenne Design wheels - 19x9 ET60).

I like the site as reference but it does not address my questions.

Edited by ciaka

• 5 weeks later...

I think I will stick with the original 275/45/19. Kind of debating going to 285/45/19 but there is a 4mm difference in sidewall height (larger one is higher). This would have implications handling wise, but I do not know what impications, yet (my thinking is 4mm is a small difference to make a dramatic change in handling, but I may be wrong). Other than that, the price would be another diff. The smaller tire would be about 20 bucks cheaper.

I think it will be Vredestein Sessanta for tire make.

Man those Vredestein Sessanta are nice looking tires, but they also look like they will only last about 12k miles. =(

I currently have Bridgestone Duelers which last a rediculas amount of mileage, but I'm not a fan of the tread pattern.

I need a happy medium.

Edited by Molitoth

i would advise to stay with OEM size. Too much engineering went into a car like yours for anyone to be tinkering without changes to the suspension etc. have you looked at the Continental ExtremeContact DWS?

...actually i did. it was between that and the vredestein sessanta.

i am trying to decide between 275/45 19 and 285/45 19.

the difference is about 4mm more in sidewall height (for the 285/45 19), and how it would affect handling realistically. i know more sidewal means more lean, but would love to hear from someone who knows from real life.

i would advise to stay with OEM size. Too much engineering went into a car like yours for anyone to be tinkering without changes to the suspension etc. have you looked at the Continental ExtremeContact DWS?

what about tire life, reduced NVH etc?

i have pirelli's on my 911s and am interested to explore other options. just replaced pirelli's on my f-150 platinum with some michelin ltx m/s2. without a doubt the best tires I've ever purchased. quiet, grippy in most conditions, and with long tread life. expensive, perhaps. but in long run well worth every penny. tires are not something I skimp on. never understood how someone can own a 100k car and put the cheapest tires on it.

tread life is a hard one since apparently most vendors have their own rating for tread life (so rating on tire a does not compare to rating on tire B). From what I have heard, vredesteins are very good on tread life compared to some of the popular brands. Tread pattern makes tires nice and quiet. I do not worry about snow performance since where I live we do not see any of it (very rare). Supposed to be good in rain too. Many users who tried them swore by them. I am willing to give it a try too.

They are on par (expense wise) with other major vendors for their tires.

Ultimately I wont know until I try them as others who buy tend to promote their purchase decisions. So we will see.

How would you compare the vredestein sessanta to the tires you see as the proper ones for the car?

what about tire life, reduced NVH etc?

i have pirelli's on my 911s and am interested to explore other options. just replaced pirelli's on my f-150 platinum with some michelin ltx m/s2. without a doubt the best tires I've ever purchased. quiet, grippy in most conditions, and with long tread life. expensive, perhaps. but in long run well worth every penny. tires are not something I skimp on. never understood how someone can own a 100k car and put the cheapest tires on it.

i had the OEM Michelin Diamaris tires.....good all around tire, but they wear a little faster than the Kuhmos....not as loud as the Kuhmos but certainly not super quiet either.....and finally....they are over 3X the cost per tire!

Then i switched to the kuhmo stx kl12's....awesome traction, great wearing tire....and 116 a tire......CHEAP!.....downfall....i had to go with a 45 instead of a 40 (i have the 20" option on my CTT). The tire makes a lot of road noise because the tread pattern is more spread out than most. I daily drive my track car in the summer.....fully stripped/tubbed/caged, so i'm used to a ton of road noise.....but i will admit these seem much louder than a SUV tire should be. Otherwise, i have zero complaints on the tire.

I heard great things about the Conti DWS tires.....and they are around 236 a tire.....

Overall, i use my CTT for towing and just general bumming around.....so a cheaper longer lasting tire was what i was looking for.....if you use yours for long trips/family time then maybe go with a slightly more expensive, but quieter tire.

I do see now that they make 40 and 45 series tires for the ones i just mentioned, so i would stick with the oem size unless you have crappy roads where you might want a little more side wall height.

Good luck and if you have questions on those tires i mentioned, let me know.