Server Lease Renewal/Software Licenses
Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest
My front wheel was making a rattling noise for about the last week, and this morning as I drove out of my driveway and turned the wheel, I could hear a loud popping noise coming from my wheel whenever I turned. My best guess is that I drove over a pothole and the control arm / bushing moved out of place. Would this be covered under the OE warranty? Or should I take it to a mechanic?
Hi dear Macan owners,
Currently, I'm looking to buy a 2016 (or newer) Macan S and wanted to kindly ask for some input from experienced Macan owners.
I apologize if such questions were asked many times before, but I swear I did my fair share or searching and found some basic information or answered my own questions.
Below is what I'd like to know before I buy my Macan S:
1. I owned an Audi S4 for 2 years and did all the diagnostics via VAG-COM cable and VCDS myself.
When I'll be test driving and choosing my future Macan, I'd like to run diagnostics myself using a semi-professional tool. As far as I understand VSG-COM/Ross-tech cable won't work for a Macan. What would you recommend to scan for codes? I found people use either Autel MD808, Durametric, PIWIS, or Schwaben Pro Scan Tool on this forum. I don't really need anything crazy... Just a good scanner for codes. Thoughts?
2. As far as I understand Macans had a minor facelift in 2016 - is that correct? Is there a huge difference between 2015 and 2016 or between 2016 and 2017 model years? Which model year would you recommend?
3. I'm mostly looking into Macan S models since GTS/Turbo in the US come with air suspension by default and it must be very expensive to fix (if, let's say, outside warranty). Am I correct? I don't really want to tack on huge repair bills and would be pretty happy with the regular sport suspension of Macan S.
4. From what I read the most common issue with Macans is the transfer case failure. Is there anything else I should be concerned about or pay close attention while inspecting/test driving? (I'm not talking about oil/coolant/brake fluid leaks)
5. Is there a tool/website to decode trims/options for Macans based off of a VIN number? I'd love to find one with the sport exhaust (for example) or with some other [insert option name here] but aside from looking for specific buttons inside the car I'm not sure how else to figure out options purchased by the original owner.
Thank you! Your answers and input are much appreciated!
I am new to the forum and the Porsche community! I am currently in the market for a 996 911 C4S.
I located an EXTREMELY clean C4S with the following options and specs. Because I am new to the community, I am not exactly sure what it is worth. It seems there is a large discrepency between one comparable car to another on eBay (sold listings).
2003 911 C4S
•Little to no cosmetic or mechanical flaws - interior and paint look brand new
•All services up to date (IMS issue not resolved...)
•Carrera White Exterior
•Natural Brown Leather Interior
XPA - Thicker Steering Wheel
XE8 - Dark Burr Maple Gear Lever
XE9 - " " Hand Break
X45 - Colored Instrument Dials
X99 - Natural Leather Interior
288 - Headlamp Washer
446 - Wheel Caps With Colored Porsche Crest
680 - Bose Sound
Opinion on value?
Thanks everyone for you time,