Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

What do I plug my aux cable into? CDR-220?

Hi,

I have a 996 & CDR-220 radio. I was/am debating putting in a full kenwood nav, but for the moment, I bought a Aux cable & plan to use my phone for both music & nav.

I bought this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HQRP-Audio-cable-Blaupunkt-to-3-5MM-fits-Porsche-Becker-CDR-22-CR-220-CDR-220-/271108257702?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160

HQRP Audio cable Blaupunkt to 3.5MM fits Porsche Becker CDR-22 CR-220 CDR-220
Could someone tell me where to plug it in?
Thanks,
Rich

post-88757-0-47248900-1367590469_thumb.j

• 2 months later...

You need to enable "AUX" on your radio. This is what I found using the search function on this site:

"Turn the radio on, hold down the TP button until Becker 1 is displayed. Turn tuning knob until AUX OFF is displayed. Then arrow down and change it to AUX ON. Turn the radio off."

Edited by wyovino

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I have XM radio with the cable to the head unit. There are 3 connectors....power, antenna and aux going to the XM radio. The aux is smaller than 3.5mm. If I can find an adaptor to 3.5mm, will this work on my droid phone to play music. I know this will be audio only.

This works beautifully with the CDR 220.

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Bluetooth-Hands-Free-BlackBerry-Smartphones/dp/B004CLYJ2I

1. Turn your AUX on

2. Plug your Blue Aux plug to the back of the CDR220

3. Buy a male to male 3.5 mm Adaptor from Radio Shack

4. Connect your Belkin Bluetooth to 12v power (I use the aux power supply in center console and wire an additional cigarette lighter jack or you can just plug it into the stock cigarette lighter)

5. Connect your Belkin Bluetooth to CDR with the Radio Shack Adaptor

6. Place your Belkin Bluetooth control button on dash (usually on the wiper potentiometer blank plug)

7. The Mic for the wireless phone is in the Belkin Bluetooth and speakers are your sound system speakers.

Plug the blue adaptor into the back of the radio.

fce0057d.jpg

Opposite the yellow plug in the "C" slot (pins 13-20)

CDR2202-5-20148-52-00PM_zps8c66b316-1.jp

Edited by kbrandsma
  • Upvote 1

@kbrandsma - how well does the microphone work when making phone calls?

It works very well. It depends on where it is placed. I think on the wiper potentiometer blank plug is a good location, especially when the top is down. If connected to an iPhone 4S or higher you just press the button (BELKIN in Photo) and SIRI answers. The mic is in a small hole at 6:00 o'clock on button (you can't see it in the photo.) It is attached via a magnetic backing. You place a paper thin sticky magnet anywhere on the dash and then attach the button to it.

Belkin2-11-20145-01-54PM_zpsa94442c7.jpg