Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

RennTech.org - Celebrating our 10 Year Anniversary!

• Admin

On June 18th 2003 a Porsche guy named "Tool Pants" and I decided that there was too much "inaccurate" and "misinformation" about technical aspects, modding and repairs of Porsches on the Internet. We saw this particularly in several "Porsche" forums where many thought they were getting good advice... but were not.

We frequented several boards and like a few other folks got tired of wading through off topic messages and questions that had been asked over and over again. We decided that we needed, and perhaps others needed, a place to find quality technical solutions -- all in one place. So rather than answering a question 3 or 4, or 10 times via email we decided to build a repository of this kind of information (RennTech.org). Tool Pants would handle the Boxster stuff and I would handle the rest of the Porsche line (and technical web stuff).

An avid (fanatical?) Porsche owner joined the site a day later (June 19th, 2003) and encouraged us to take the site further adding special areas for TSBs and other Porsche documentation. And he put his money where his mouth was buying and gifting his early subscriptions to Porsche documentation to RennTech.org. That was the late Don Watson (doncapecod). Don was the biggest and best supporter this site had for the nine years leading up to his passing last July. He will be missed -- but we will continue to offer the same great support that he helped us build. Rest in peace Don.

Most of the moderators here are guys that we have had extended email and board conversations with over the years... and had some of the same desires we had. Some are old-timers that have owned Porsche's for 25 years or more, some are racers, and some are attorneys that have a passion for Porsche's. And many more are Porsche shop owners and techs... and yes we even have a couple of former Porsche factory employees helping out here. Great comradery and support from all of them! Some of them have come and gone over the years but the quality of the advice here continues to be the best Porsche technical advice on the Internet! A big THANK YOU to all of you "volunteers"!

So far we have made it 10 years without major advertising or sponsors. That means that the 6 to 7 percent that donated and continue to contribute to the costs of running this site deserve a big THANK YOU also. Without you this site would likely have shut down years ago. Contributions (donations) will ensure RennTech.org can continue to operate and pay the rising costs of operating a large (over 75,000 members) website. So let's hope they keep coming.
This little adventure is not a business or money making idea for me as all donations go into the costs of running the site.

Finally, thanks to everyone who uses RennTech.org, and to everyone who will use it in the future. Thanks to a RennTech.org community -- that I am proud to be part of.

Thank you again! I can’t wait to see what the next ten years bring.

(and here is what the site looked like in August 2003)

post-1-0-01287300-1371528108_thumb.png

I'm sure I speak for everyone in thanking you for your dedication to this site, and for the help you give to all of us. The wealth of information from you and other contributors is second to none, and is always a reliable reference source. The more complicated these cars get, the more we need RennTech to guide us, and here's to the next 10 years!

:cheers:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPY BIRTHDAY RENNTECH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and !!!!!! MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANY THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators

Loren, congratulations on 10 years of serving our community as an informative, resource unavailable on other sites. I remember your calm, accurate posts on other sites before you started renntech, and I eagerly followed you to your own creation. I'm proud to be your 13th member and a modest moderator on the 996 GT3 forum. I wish you another 10 years as successful as the last.

Hi Loren, Thanks to you, the RennTech volunteers, and contributing members for a great site. Many of us would be lost without this excellent resource. The small contributions I make are some of the best $ I've spent. Here's to many more years of RennTech, and our enjoying these wonderful cars. Happy Birthday! I'll hopefully celebrate by replacing my recently sold 997.1S with a 2002 X-50 996TT I've been eyeing. Hopefully others will celebrate this great birthday by becoming contributing members.

Edited by mghorayeb