Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

2 Durametric questions

My Enthusiast Durametic cable arrived last night: I wanted to check the over rev history, if there was any.

Surprisingly (to me at least!), IR1 and IR2 had a few events, but nothing in IR3-IR6.

The car is a 2007 997.1 C2S cabrio, had 11,400 mileson it when I got it a month ago.

Questions are:

1 is no over revs in IR3-IR6 suspicious of someone having gone in and cleaned up the log file? (This came from a P-dealer whom I don't fully trust...)

2 any ideas where I can find a PDF list of all the codes and some idea of how to interpret them?

As always, with thanks in advance,

Nigel

• Moderators

My Enthusiast Durametic cable arrived last night: I wanted to check the over rev history, if there was any.

Surprisingly (to me at least!), IR1 and IR2 had a few events, but nothing in IR3-IR6.

The car is a 2007 997.1 C2S cabrio, had 11,400 mileson it when I got it a month ago.

Questions are:

1 is no over revs in IR3-IR6 suspicious of someone having gone in and cleaned up the log file? (This came from a P-dealer whom I don't fully trust...)

2 any ideas where I can find a PDF list of all the codes and some idea of how to interpret them?

As always, with thanks in advance,

Nigel

A 997-1 DME records the following rev ranges:

Range 1: 7300-7500 RPM

Range 2: 7500-7700 RPM

Range 3: 7700-7900 RPM

Range 4: 7900-8400 RPM

Range 5: 8400-9500 RPM

Range 6: 9500-11000 RPM

Any data in ranges above 3rd (4,5,6) can be used by PCNA as a reason to cancel your warranty, in case of engine related issues. As this data is not easily altered or erased, I seriously doubt the dealer changed it.

The OBD II codes are listed under the "DIY" tab heading at the top of this page, but may be limited to contributing members only.

As far as your surprise on the range 1 and 2s, that's nothing at all to be surprised about. As already stated, any of the higher level range violations are what you should be focused on and concerned with (but none in your case). These indicate a serious RPM violation, which could result from a missed gear downshift, for example. Over-revving too high or too long out of spec can do permanent (and expensive) damage to your engine and/or transmission.

The dealer definitely didn't change this data as it's impossible for them to do so.

from what i've read/seen on other forums, it might not be totally impossible to change or reset the DME. however, apparently there will be clear evidence of tampering. (as to what that evidence is, i have no idea. i'm just relating what i've seen posted a few different places.)

in any case, i would not be worried. i'm sure there are plenty of garage-queen, babied cars out there.

There's a lot of garbage information (mixed in with some good information) out there on most of the other Porsche sites because they are by and large not moderated.

Even if this dealer isn't trustworthy, they would not have been able to overwrite this data using a PIWIS or PST2.

JFP, Silver TT and Spiffyjiff,

Thanks for your answers - I'm reassured the dealer likely didn't mess with the logs!

And another question: I've a persistent 'C102 Seat Memory CAN Single Wire (Comfort)' error code? (This is a 2007 997.1 C2S cabrio). Which might be something real, as the seat memory buttons don't seem to behave the same as they did on my old 996 (even after reading the manual)

With thanks in advance,

Nigel

• Moderators

Thanks for your answers - I'm reassured the dealer likely didn't mess with the logs!

And another question: I've a persistent 'C102 Seat Memory CAN Single Wire (Comfort)' error code? (This is a 2007 997.1 C2S cabrio). Which might be something real, as the seat memory buttons don't seem to behave the same as they did on my old 996 (even after reading the manual)

With thanks in advance,

Nigel

If memory serves (I'm away from the shop at the moment), the C102 may indicate that a controller needs to be reset or possibly replaced. This cannot be done with the Durametric, it needs a PIWIS.

With thanks in advance,

Nigel

Thanks again JFP.

If memory serves (I'm away from the shop at the moment), the C102 may indicate that a controller needs to be reset or possibly replaced. This cannot be done with the Durametric, it needs a PIWIS.