Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest
Good afternoon all,
This is my first post but want to start by thanking all who have shared there knowledge on other posts as it has allowed me to fix various items on my car.
looking for assistance before i take the car to the dealer. i think it is down to the mobilizer but not sure if there is something easy i am over looking.
currently have a no start / no crank condition. when i pulled the car out of winter storage it would crank slow but not start.
1) Replaced the battery, still no start. Then turned into no crank.
2) Replaced ignition switch, started and ran for 10 -15 minutes; but would not restart.
3) Have 12V to pin 30 of the starter relay when key turned to start. And if i short pin 85 (from DME) to ground it cranks but wont start.
4) Replaced Starter relay with a new one. Will "click" when key turned but not hold.
5) swapped the DME relay with another one. (read a post somewhere that this fixed a similar issue for someone)
6) bypassed clutch switch
7) very occasionally (1 out of 40 to 50 tries) car will fire up. this may coincide with having the battery disconnected for 30+ min first but is not guaranteed.
? removed the control unit under the seat and when open appears to be in good condition, no moisture / corrosion. 15 amp fuse confirmed good.
9) checked all fuses in driver foot well, no issues found.
have tried both keys with the same results.
At this point i think either the immobilizer or ECU are the problem but do not have an appropriate scan tool for either of these.
can any of you recommend something i should try before going to the dealer?
The battery went flat on my 2008 Cayenne Turbo, replaced the battery and now when i turn the key i have no dash/ignition/engine lights.
The heater fan works, the turn signals work, steering tilt works, adjustable suspension works.
Wipers don't work, heated seats don't work and engine will not turn over.
I've checked all the usual but maybe missed something, any help would be great.
Thanks in advance.
OK, 2005 cayenne turbo. intermittent problem with starting. had independent Porsche mechanic replace the battery, alternator, starter and starter relay about 9 months ago. very intermittent problem which happens about once every 3-4 months. seems to be more pronounced in very hot weather (90-100 plus degrees Fahrenheit).
when it happens the engine simply will not crank at all. in spite of that I will still have radio, horn, power windows, AC, etc, full electric.
in the past I have simply used a Rockford battery jump starter (given to me by the mechanic) and this starts it right up. today, I parked in a multilevel parking structure at a mall and the outside ambient temp was over 100 degrees. I parked with another vehicle in front of me, as well as 1 vehicle to each side. not much air circulation. temp inside the parking structure exceeded that of outside I am sure. the Rockford, unlike past times, would not immediately start the engine. I almost called AAA roadside assitance. fortunately, after about 6 tries with the Rockford, I was able to start the car.
drove the car from that 100 degree climate for about an hour to an 80 degree climate. parked it outside. turned it off. wanted to test starting it; she started right up without hesitation. repeated this several times with no issues.
anybody have any ideas about this intermittent ghost in my machine? I really love this vehicle and I'm willing to consider replacing additional parts if necessary (ignition assembly, etc).
other than this intermittent problem, this car with 175K miles runs fantastic.
any and all thoughts are appreciated. thank you.
1999 Porsche 911 (996) Cab - Automatic Trans., Aftermarket Alpine Radio
I'm trying to track down a bad alarm switch (I think). Following are the symptoms:
1. Alarm double beep when activating
2. Door Locks and Windows don't work (15 AMP Fuse C3 blown)
3. Battery is fully Charged
4. I disconnected the ignition switch, reconnected the battery and fuse still blows
5. I disconnected the door lock switch and fuse still blows
6. I disconnected the overhead light array and the fuse still blows
7. Car (basically) does not start (fuel pump works). Car will start intermittently, but maybe 10% of the time trying
8. I replaced the ignition relay (old one was working but showing some resistance on the ohm meter)
9. Problem surfaced when I stopped for gas, filled the tank and the car wouldn't start. I realize there's a lock on the gas cover...have not done troubleshooting on it as I think I have to remove the wheel well to get to it.
10. If I had a wiring diagram, it would make things a whole lot easier!!!
11. I connected a scanner...no faults...I got a green light...however, the scanner does not check the alarm codes
Any help would be appreciated.