Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

advice/help needed: a/c blowing warm and oil monitor workshop failure

A few weeks ago, I took my 2005 cayenne turbo (50k odo) to the dealership hoping for a scan/diagnostic of the a/c (bought it during the winter, so didn't know it was faulty). What I walked out with was the recommendation to change the battery (they said the car was in a degraded state/power save mode because of the battery state) and that it would take 3400 to change the receiver/drier, thermostatic valve, and compressor.  I had my doubts, and was really hoping for a better diagnosis, as any a/c shop could have blindly given me that diagnosis.  Plus, I have the basic mechanic skills to follow DIY guides and the factory service manual, so I wasn't going to pay them for their exhorbitant labor fees.  I knew the dealer had problems with the battery and that I was not maintained properly during the winter by them.  So, I replaced the battery that day.  Later that week, after shopping online, I replaced the items (but didn't buy a porsche compressor) and had it rechecked at the dealership (pro bono).  A few days prior to turning in the vehicle, I told them I replaced the items, had the same problem, and was looking for a full diagnostic (including an oil monitor workshop failure that popped up).  Lo and behold, I got the same diagnosis to change the same items!  They said the compressor was still seized and that the clutch was not engaging. Apparently the maintenance rep didn't include anything from my previous phone call in my file.  Also, apparently their "shop foreman that eats and breathes porsche" failed to notice that the items were changed (we also argued/discussed how he diagnosed the seized compressor since it doesn't have the traditional clutch of older compressors).  After I pointed that out and asked for a scan diagnostic, he mentioned that the compressor was the incorrect model.  At this point, I have lost all faith with this porsche dealership, and maybe all of them without recommendation.  Noting the difference in the compressor though, I bit the bullet and replaced the compressor with a new porsche compressor, yet I still have the same problems.  I have tried adding an inline jumper with hot wire from harness to hot wire on compressor and ground wire from compressor straight to the chassis. I have read one post reply on rennlist where a user experienced blowing warm air and an oil monitor workshop failure but they failed to mention the fix! I have read some posts where replacing coil packs has fixed some electrical issues.  After flushing at least $2k trying to get a/c working for the summer, I am at a loss of where to go from here.  I could go to a local a/c shop, but doubt I will get a proper diagnostic(semi rural southern maryland).  Driving over an hour to get shammed by the dealership again doesn't seem like an option given the previous experiences, definitely not the same one.  I could get a scan tool, but I am not sure it will have the full capability needed (please correct me if you think this will be my golden ticket to narrowing down to the precise problem, or if you are near southern maryland and would like to help me out with a scan).  I could replace the ignition coils, but that feels like throwing money blindly at the problem without an electrical diagnostic to back it up, or at least successful results from other users with same symptoms.  what do yall think? can anyone tell me how to run a good electrical diagnostic of the a/c? anyone have the same or similar problem? Thanks in advance as I am pretty sick at how much money I have thrown at it without it working.

• 3 weeks later...

i am having some a/c issues as well but just started on my diagnosis. the first thing i bought after buying the cayenne (06 CTTS) was a durametric setup. I checked my system for pressure and it was good so i connect the durametric and got 2 codes (nothing on the dash informed me of this) 1592, air quality sensor and 565, a/c regulator control module no signal or communication. THe self test done by the duremetric didnt mention it but all other aspects of my hvac system are fine.

i did clear them and run another self test but still no cooling... I am researching now as well as looking at the repair manual...

You should get a durametric...

i will try to remember to post something on mine when fixed.