Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Spoiler light always on

• 2 months later...
Loren,

My friend has an 2002 996 NB cab and we installed a fixed wing on it. I read your thread about two different harnesses. Can you tell me which one I need?

Edwin

996.612.070.10 is for the Cab spoilers.

Loren,

I got the plug in and I checked the part number and it is correct. The harness looks like this... not really sure where to plug it in. Any help? Thanks

IMG00442.jpg

Edwin

• Admin
Loren,

My friend has an 2002 996 NB cab and we installed a fixed wing on it. I read your thread about two different harnesses. Can you tell me which one I need?

Edwin

Loren,

I got the plug in and I checked the part number and it is correct. The harness looks like this... not really sure where to plug it in. Any help? Thanks

IMG00442.jpg

Edwin

See the picture in the very first post of this thread.

One end goes into the connector on the right side of the engine compartment (near the tail light).

Pass the cable though harness guide and plug it into the socket on the spoiler/fan area.

• Upvote 1

Loren,

Edwin

Loren,

IMG00442.jpg

Edwin

See the picture in the very first post of this thread.

One end goes into the connector on the right side of the engine compartment (near the tail light).

Pass the cable though harness guide and plug it into the socket on the spoiler/fan area.

Loren,

This is the only connector that I see on the passenger side rear taillight. It has about 12 pins or something. Did I get the wrong harness?

IMG00443.jpg

Edwin

Loren,

Edwin

Loren,

Its an 02 996 cab and I got the 996.612.070.10 part as mentioned above

Edwin

• Admin
Loren,

Edwin

Loren,

Edwin

That is correct harness for a MY02 ("Carrera" wing) on a Cab.

Loren,

Edwin

Loren,

Edwin

That's odd then. I'm have no idea where to plug it into. Can anyone help? Thanks

Edwin

• Admin
Loren,

Edwin

Loren,

Edwin

That's odd then. I'm have no idea where to plug it into. Can anyone help? Thanks

Edwin

post-1-1252618222.png

Loren,

Edwin

Loren,

Edwin

Edwin

post-1-1252618222.png

Thanks Loren. looks like I have to take off the wing... I appreciate the help

Edwin

• 1 year later...

Hey Loren,

Just to be sure, I have an 02 C4 cab and thinking of replacing the whole deck with a fixed. My understanding is I do not need to purchase any harness if I simply jump Pin 2 to Pin 5, which according to the diagram you provided is where A2 and A5 is. Am I correct on this?

Thanks in Advance

Tom

• 4 months later...

Loren,

I too have installed a fixed wing. I have '02 996TT. I get the spoiler warning light if i go over 74 MPH. Will jumping pin2 and pin5 disable the warning? I've tried the procedure in the earlier post by removing the spoiler drive power wire and moving pin 4 to 2 and 2 to 4. It didn't work.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Admin

Hello there,

Please let me know if 99661207051 third brake light harness will work for aftermarket aero c4s wing http://precisionpors....er-107-pd.html and will it disable wing warning light. In case if this harness will not work which one should I get?

thanks

That is the part number for a fixed wing - for coupes. So if your car is a coupe it should work.

Hello there,

Please let me know if 99661207051 third brake light harness will work for aftermarket aero c4s wing http://precisionpors....er-107-pd.html and will it disable wing warning light. In case if this harness will not work which one should I get?

thanks

That is the part number for a fixed wing - for coupes. So if your car is a coupe it should work.

Thanks Loren

Yes, it is a coupe. Will this harness disable wing warning light?

• Admin

Hello there,

thanks

Thanks Loren

Yes, but only after the car reaches 5 mph forward or backward - so it goes out when you move the car.

I have the same harness on my car - it came as part of my factory Aerokit.

Hello there,

thanks

Thanks Loren

Yes, but only after the car reaches 5 mph forward or backward - so it goes out when you move the car.

I have the same harness on my car - it came as part of my factory Aerokit.

Thank you so much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

The harness (99661207051) came in toaday and there is NO way to connect the third brake light. It has two connectors one to connect fan and the other one for the under the decklid light. I'm confussed. Help.

Ok, I am confused here. Porsche (coupe) fixed wings have no brake light - there is only the brake light under the rear window on the main body.

The harness -51 is for only the purge fan and light -- AND it disables the warning in the dash.

So I guess your spoiler is aftermarket 3rd party and has a brake light?

If so, then the original harness would work for both brake lights -- but that would not solve the cluster warning message. I guess you could remove the bulb from the cluster?

• 5 months later...

After reading these positings I now have a question: my 2001 with factory aero kit shows the rear lid light on startup and runing - but it goes off when I put it in dirve and drive off. It is a tip and I wonder why it does this? Lid is shut, brake light works - and it does it every time. Is there something to check or is something wrong or is this normal as the car is somewhat new to me.

• Admin

After reading these positings I now have a question: my 2001 with factory aero kit shows the rear lid light on startup and runing - but it goes off when I put it in dirve and drive off. It is a tip and I wonder why it does this? Lid is shut, brake light works - and it does it every time. Is there something to check or is something wrong or is this normal as the car is somewhat new to me.

That is normal - the light clears at 5 MPH (forward or backwards).

• 3 years later...

Bump to an old thread.

I have a '99 996 with a factory-installed XAA code aero kit. The spoiler warning light never would come on no matter what and it turned out the dash bulb was blown. It has since been replaced and the light works as it should at low speed: it comes on a startup and disappears around 4 mph.

My issue is that when I hit 75 mph, the spoiler warning light illuminates and doesn't go away until the car is shut off. Remember that this is a factory aero kit car.

I checked the fan/light wire harness and it wasn't disconnected. I checked the pins for corrosion and everything looked nice and shiny. The harness has only 6 wires coming out of it: Two wires go to the deck fan, two go to the compartment light, and I can't seem to determine where the other two lead.

Anyone have any thoughts? Much appreciated.

• Admin

Bump to an old thread.

I have a '99 996 with a factory-installed XAA code aero kit. The spoiler warning light never would come on no matter what and it turned out the dash bulb was blown. It has since been replaced and the light works as it should at low speed: it comes on a startup and disappears around 4 mph.

My issue is that when I hit 75 mph, the spoiler warning light illuminates and doesn't go away until the car is shut off. Remember that this is a factory aero kit car.

I checked the fan/light wire harness and it wasn't disconnected. I checked the pins for corrosion and everything looked nice and shiny. The harness has only 6 wires coming out of it: Two wires go to the deck fan, two go to the compartment light, and I can't seem to determine where the other two lead.

Anyone have any thoughts? Much appreciated.

Check your rear lid spoiler wiring harness  - it should be 996 612 070 51. If it is not then someone switched it out for the stock harness.

Check whether there is a jumper connecting pin 2 (which is already jumped from pin 1) to pin 5 on plug X23 of the new wiring harness (connection to the vehicle).
  • Upvote 1