Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Hey everyone,

I am new on this forum. Was recommended to create a topic about my problem here.

Its a Cayenne S V8 2011 petrol

Recently noticed oil leaking from the front area (left side of the car). See the Picture:)

Porsche workshop is not fully sure yet about exactly where its leaking from. They think its from the oil pan and to find the exact place or fix it, they will have to take motor out and as well gearbox as I understood. They have recommended me to drive it 1000km and come back again for the check-up.

They say its coming somewhere from the oil pan, but coulld as well be from somewhere above the oilpan.

Thought post it here, and check if someone have had this kind of problem on their 958 or know about it. It leaks only when the car is running.

Thanks for all the help I can get:)

IMG_7171.thumb.PNG.ea7a72c2dd69b0d90264c9908810af4f.PNG

You can remove these ads by becoming a Contributing Member.

Yes - if you haven't fixed this yet, I had the same problem. The hole in my oil pan came from the repair shop - of all places - putting in a bolt that was too long on the bottom engine cover. It rubbed a hole in the pan! 

I repaired this doing the following:

1. Dried the oil around the hole.

2. Using High Heat sealant, I made a small ball and stuffed it in the hole.

3. I used high heat JB Weld over the sealant and let it all dry.

3 years later and still holding. No leaks, but I don't go back to the same repair shop, which is supposedly Porsche certified.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By shonuff
      Black Cayenne Roof Rails for sale. Fits 2003-2010 Cayenne. Excellent condition, bought from Suncoast Porsche and has been mounted on my Cayenne but was never used. Comes with all mounting hardware. $300 plus shipping
    • By Garra671
      Recently I had been noticing issues with my cooling system the coolant temp guage would go past the 0 on 180 and I wouldn’t hear fans or anything. (Already tested fans and resistors and relays).   The temperature Will continue to creep up if I sit still, with no signs of fans, AC OFF.

I replaced the coolant temp sensor. Problem fixed!! Then same issue again it seems after a week of driving.  

Now i currently have ordered another temp sensor just Incase I maybe did something to cause the other new one too fail, I’ll be changing it again today.

However I was doing the climate control hack to check my actual temperatures today while doing a short troubleshooting drive. And I noticed my oil temperature said 0, which is physically impossible 🙄

Is it possible the oil temp guage is throwing off the coolant sensor?    Is it even possible for the oil temp sensor too go bad but not the oil level sensor? (They are a 2 in 1 sensor)   

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE
    • By Bardia Manafi
      Hi all, just purchased a 1961 notchback 1600s, I have never drove a Porsche until the day I purchased this car, got the bug now and i love Porsches more than ever now, the car is in very good shape, but i want to change all the fluids, grease all the parts, and do all the maintenance there is, the oil was so dark when I checked the level and it was all the way to max line of the stick, i would appreciate if you guys can tell me where to buy all the maintenance parts, and where can I buy the shop manual, and what are the things I should do, there is a small leak on the floor from engine very small, but a palm size of oil from transmission on the ground,  thanks guys cheers😁

• By wcp
      My front wheel was making a rattling noise for about the last week, and this morning as I drove out of my driveway and turned the wheel, I could hear a loud popping noise coming from my wheel whenever I turned. My best guess is that I drove over a pothole and the control arm / bushing moved out of place. Would this be covered under the OE warranty? Or should I take it to a mechanic?
    • By Almamo
      Hi all, I just joined the group and am having some problems with my 2005 Porsche Cayenne. 
      When I drive a few miles it stalls and I see a message saying Reduction on and reduction off. I your help please, and thank you in advance for your assistance.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.