Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Thinking about getting the ...

I'm thinking of getting the ROW MO30 For my 99' tiptronic coupe (18" rims). My car has 77k miles and is a daily driver. I want to Auto X it once a quarter jsut to keep my skills up. But most of the time I will do 1/2 day spirited fun runs with our local PCA every couple of months.

I am not sure I want to drop all that cash for a PSS-9 set-up as I may just buy a newer Carrerra in a year or two. Suncoast has the ROW MO3O for $999 out the door, including tax and s/h.

1. Can anyone give me some experience or feed back in comparisson to the stock USA set-up?

2. Can some one post a picture of the mouting of the front and back sway bars?

Edited by drpaulmarsh

I did it and it was the perfect compromise b/t PSS9 and nothing at all. The car is lowered about 17-18MM in the front and about 11-12MM in the rear (PAG states 20/10 respectively). Much better feel and more planted to the road. A bit more harsh on city streets than stock but nowhere close to what PSS9 would feel like! The floaty feeling the car used to have is now gone

and best of all? No 4x4 look anymore!

BTW...I ordered mine from the board sponsor Sunset Porsche (1K shipped).

Thanks Dell, that sounds just perfect to me...

Excuse my ignorance, but can you snap a photo of the cross bars or are they nicely hidden? I'm not sure where they mount them? on top of the shocks or underneath...

Paul

Drpaulmarsh. The sway bars just replace the stock sway bars. The rear one is really easy to swap out; just have to loosen 4 bolts on the chasis and one on each drop link. The front is a little tougher to get at, since you need to take off the plastic cover under the car and also loosen the diagnonal braces, but that just adds a bit of time. Changing out the sway bars is the easiest part of the install.

You do need to get the car aligned after it is lowered.

Please excuse the ignorance, but does the sway bar change alone take a US M030 to an ROW? Does your coupe already have the US M030 option? Mine is a '99 tip coupe (Feb '98 build date) with 18's and I've no M030 option. Just a plain US coupe tip.

I thought that to go from a non-M030 to an M030, US or ROW you had to change shocks and springs along with the sway bar. Am I right?

To go to RoWM030 you change out springs, shocks, and sways.

Paul...the rear is an easy one to take a pic of. I'll try to remember to snap one tomorrow. C4 is right about where they are.

• 2 weeks later...

Just about when I had my mind made up and was ready to break out the money and get the ROW M030. . . Gert @ Carnewal said that I should look into the X74 suspension as it will fit on my 99' as well? What is your experience with these two in comparison?

Paul

X74 is for 02+ cars...not the 99-01. You would be best served (and the car) if you stick with parts made for your car and not try to "fit" other parts on. If you are considering X74 over M030 then just get the PSS9 setup.

Thanks gentlemen! As always you have been very informative....

ROW M030 it is! I just can't fathom spending that much for the Pss9's on a car with 78k miles. Especially considering that I will probably upgrade to a new 911 with in a year or so...

Paul

I agree with LVDell & Loren that X74 is reccomended for 02+ cars but Gert has told me that 99-01 users have installed this setup with favorable results. I'm not reccomending it but if you want deeper answers Gert may provide.

I was tempted to buy one for my '99 that Gert was selling at a nice discount. After much thought, I decided to pass...

What about for a C2 cab '04? Is x74 a better option over RoW M030. Is it worth the extra $.

I'm happy with the comfort with US stock that I currently have. I do want to lower my car for the looks but not compromise comfort too much. Better handling is a bonus - is that the main difference between RoW M030 and x74?

You might want to let the poster JDL175 on 6speed that his take on the complete kit is not correct. The COMPLETE kit comes with the bumpstops he says are optional and there are not droplinks in the kit (they are already on your car). I am amazed b/c jdl175 is Justin Lane of Brandywine Porsche.

It is true (as one poster said) that the group buy price really isn't that great of a deal since that is about what I paid a few months back ($1K shipped) without the need of a group buy. The price is still great but the for the numbers you are sending his way the price should be better.