Jump to content

Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to subscribe or donate. All subscriptions and donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual subscription or donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you subscribe RennTech.org

  • View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's quality Porsche information at a low cost.

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by subscribing or donating money to the operation of this site)

  • No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

PAULSPEED

Contributing Members
  • Posts

    1,406
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by PAULSPEED

  1. That might not be a cable. It might be a air hose I think. Try pulling it out of the air box with not much effort. Paul
  2. I like the color of your car. Here's my 2006 car. http://www.zone77.org Paul
  3. The six CD player plays regular format music CD's. The one CD plays MP3 files. An average MP3 CD disc holds about 125 songs in MP3 format. Paul
  4. I have a couple of jumper batteries. They work great in a plane. One powers my moving map display while flying. Good luck with your winter shut down. Paul
  5. I can just imagine me driving in the desert. Down-shifting from 6th to 5th at 140MPH. Or maybe on the Dubai Racetrack. Paul
  6. I would dis-connect the battery during the snow. Use the manual key to open the car. Use the jump battery to plug into a cig. lighter to open the trunk. Re-connect the battery and use the jumper if you need. Good luck. Paul
  7. Make sure your second person is a good size man. Paul
  8. I would drain the transmission oil looking for metal parts. You have a big race track and someone might have tried to drive the course with out using the clutch. Most professional drivers have problems shifting with out the clutch. Paul
  9. You may just want to invest in a jumper battery. You could also drive the car more but then the roads might be snowed in Chicago. Paul
  10. Must of got some acid on the plastic. The acid could of been thrown by a truck. Just my guess. Paul
  11. They are PASM shocks. Are you looking for a Porsche part or an aftermaket part? Paul
  12. Looks very clean. Guess you need to upgrade to the 997-2 cable. You will thank me when it is done. Paul
  13. That crossmember part looks like one heavy duty part. I imagine you would need a 6 foot long torque wrench to even remove this part. I would listen to Loren and take it to a frame shop. Now if you already own a 6 foot torque wrench, then that is another story. Paul
  14. Ask Loren any advice for the service manual. It costs a lot to get that information. You may want to get some adjustable a-arms if you need the car in perfect alignment. Should be OK if it is close. Look into GT-3 a-arms if you want to go in that direction. The stabilizer bar adjusted will not help you. I assume that is what you are calling the cross-member. A torsional brace on the top of the shock towers would not be needed in a 2008 car. Paul
  15. I did talk to Evoms. What they said made sense. They are not what you call a racing team yet. You just need to do your homework before you make a choice. I was just reading about how you could buy a 1,100hp Bugatti that claims to go 258mph all for only a small 2.6 million dollars. I think the supercharger I have has just gotten cheaper. Paul
  16. TPC has a very successful racing team. They win a lot of races. It takes a lot of money to win races. I know of another racing team that has cost a lot of money for my friend. He no longer has this racing team do his work. I do not have an answer for you. Racing takes a lot of money and maybe that is why some teams take a chance in pushing different products out onto the market. My best advice is to buy a car that has what you want, and don't get caught up in the "what it takes to make the car faster game". Paul
  17. I also have a TPC supercharger with no instructions. I found one person who was interested in buying a 997 supercharger kit. I told the guy to call TPC for more details. I never heard from the guy again. I agree that TPC sells this stuff and then says it is to much power and now they made the switch to turbos. The supercharger was removed because the pressure blew out the filter in the oil sender and started pumping oil back into the throttle body. Good luck with your search. Send me an email if you know someone looking for a real cheap supercharger. 997_Supercharger.pdf Maybe these pictures might help. The red car had the supercharger. Paul
  18. The weight are for stock brakes. The Pagrid blues have no weights. Excellent pads for DE driving. Paul
  19. Your answer is in the 997-1 section. Paul
  20. Leaves get between the radiators and the ac coolers. Look for leaves after you pull the front bumper. Replacing radiators should be one of the last things you do. You really need a reverse pressure machine for adding coolant fluid. The fan belt could be a bad alternator bearing. The ticking could just be a need for an oil change. Paul
  21. Measure the battery with a ruler and go to any parts store to get a same size battery. Still costs some money. Paul
  22. I would send a picture to bumper plugs. They will sell painted bumperetee's for your car. Here is their site. Good luck. http://www.bumperplugs.com/ Paul
  23. The 997S brakes are bigger then the 997 brakes. Paul
  24. Why not make a blank CD. Just make a CD and record silence. Paul
  25. The order of bleeding is a little off. Do both rears and then both fronts starting on the passenger side. Paul
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.