Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Road and Track Article on Boxster

For those of you who read Road and Track magazine, I suggest that you read the "Side Glances" column by Peter Egan in the December issue. The article contains some perspective comments about Boxsters from a very interesting and entertaining car writer.

I, just last month, did something very similar. I already owned a 2005 Toyota Prius for commuting and to please the left side of my brain. I bought my 2000 S simply to feed the right side of my brain. It makes me smile, too.

This article really hits home. I drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee day after day. My '73 911 sees track use almost exclusively. Something was missing. Last spring, I bought a mint '02 Boxster S for those weekend drives and trips to Wisconsin. The circle is complete. My good friend, who has wanted a Boxster for years drove mine and decided now was the time. We found him an '02 as well in condition similar to mine. Now, he finds reasons to drive on weekends for nothing more than the pure pleasure of it.

Me too! I had almost 4 years and 70,000 miles of driving a 2002 RSX type S. I loved the car from the moment I read about it and couldn't believe how good it was when I took one for a test drive. 200 horsepower, six speed close ratio box, and better than 30 mpg.

My first drive of the Boxster came last January while getting my RSX brakes relined. While waiting for them to finish washing the car, I drooled over a speed yellow '01 Boxster with 35k miles sitting on the Acura lot. The salesman asked if I wanted to take her for a drive. Well, as they say, the rest is history. The first drive in the Boxster was clearly out of the box for me. I haven't been the same since.

:jump:

• 1 month later...
Me too! I had almost 4 years and 70,000 miles of driving a 2002 RSX type S. I loved the car from the moment I read about it and couldn't believe how good it was when I took one for a test drive. 200 horsepower, six speed close ratio box, and better than 30 mpg.

My first drive of the Boxster came last January while getting my RSX brakes relined. While waiting for them to finish washing the car, I drooled over a speed yellow '01 Boxster with 35k miles sitting on the Acura lot. The salesman asked if I wanted to take her for a drive. Well, as they say, the rest is history. The first drive in the Boxster was clearly out of the box for me. I haven't been the same since.

:jump:

Good day ladies and gentlemen, I should say good evening since I am reading a great deal of the article posted late at night. I am new in the forum but not new the to the physical jaw dropping appearance when I do see a "Artic silver Boxster S" drive by. That was when I did almost what the article told. I've had my college car BMW 318i since new and pushing 162K and have settled for a 1987 Suburban to tow the fishing boat just to be able to have the Porsche I have track since it was introduce. I purchase my Boxster in dead cold winter in Southenr maryland the same day I promised my soon to be 18 year old daughter I was going to shop with her to plan her 18th birthday. the same day I decided to check out what was bieng advertise when it came to porsche's in my area. A 2000 Boxster S was being advertise with very low mile and in my prize range of course that immediately raise a question. What is wrong with it? I drove to the dealer and asked to see it. It was located at another site so I politely ask if it can be delivered to their dealer for me to test drive. Being the good father I try to be I went shopping with my daughter while the dealer made arrangement to transfer the car. Got the shopping done just in time when the dealer called me and said that car won't be there till morning. the next day I was going out of town when they said it will be there first thing I decided I was going to postpone my trip couple of hours just to test drive the car. I did, by now my trip in on the edge of being cancelled just to close the deal. Of course being in the service cancelling trips is not an option. So I told them I will be back in a week can they hold the car if I gave them a down payment. As I was reaching into my pocket my "black berry" started to vibrate which only meant my boss is calling wondering if I left the area yet. It was my day, it was the boss alright he was not calling to see if I left the area yet, he was calling to tell me he saw me headed to the dealer and if I didn't buy the car and gave him a ride in it it will hell to pay. Enough said, left the suburban at the dealer and drove home with a "2000 Artic silver Boxster S" with 32k mile on the odometer and smelling like new Prosche. At times to changes something in our life we need to push the envelope further. Yes summer haven't been the same, actually any sunnydays and not raining in southern maryland haven't been the same.

Ben