Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Washing Boxster

Call me nuts but I tried a new product today that is almost a dream come true. Mr. Clean auto dry car wash system. This stuff drys SPOT FREE. No hand drying. Since we all seem to hand wash our cars, I thought this might be a good thing to share...... Brad

• 2 months later...

IMO...This product works as advertised! My '00 x3 black 986 is a tough car to wash w/o waterspots in the Florida heat, but the "AutoDry" cured that problem. If there is a downside it is that the "Pur" filter has a relatively short life; but of course that has more to do with the quality of the water than any short coming of the unit. I will NOT use car wash's and my back/bones are thrilled I no longer rush around with my "WaterBlade" and chamois...and with the online coupon we're talk'n $13.00 for the starter kit!...CHEAP.

this product works as advertised, BUT the downside is that it leaves a "film" on the car that makes the water sheet off when it rains later and doesn't give you that cool "just waxed" beading look

i said on ppbb, a great product for SUVs and minivans, but not for people who like clean, polished cars

just my 2 cents

aloha

steve

macsak; I had not noticed that effect, we have had little rain here thus far this spring, and of course the car is parked covered and with a car cover (anal). Also, I suppose, it may be due to the fact that I nearly always wax after washing. So I guess as with most products its the results you seek that make it worthwhile or not.

Update on Mr. Clean. At first I thought this was a God send product. Oh well... I quess I wanted it to work so I convinced myself it did. Maybe it's like most first versions on things....the second and third will be better. This product just doesn't live up to the hipe, takes too much soap, too much rinse time and cartridges...and you can do a better job by hand. Sorry if my first post got someone to buy one...Brad

• 3 weeks later...

It worked fine for me, but my wife found a self-service car wash that has a deonizer spray which is the trick to this product. The deonized water is what allows the water to sheet off and requires no drying. All for $1.50.

• 1 month later...

i tried this out on my satorin blue audi a4 the other day. works great, but yeah i noticed the film issue too. it looks clean, but not that great glossy just waxed look.

this is going to work great for washing my older cars nows. getting lazy these days.

• 4 weeks later...
I just got a Boxster the beginning of August.  What do you clean the convertable top with...just water?  Soap and water?  Do you rinse it off, or dry it with a towel?  What's up with 'top' car care?

Raggtopp makes a cleaner and protectant for our tops. The cleaner worked great and the top still beads water after one application of the protectant 6 months ago.