Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Anyone updated the map DVD?

Hi All

Still looking for the ever elusive hens teeth - the nav update cd as included in the complete Map DVD update pack.

The part number is 000.044.901.40

Else I have the 05.2007 EUROPE DVD for sale - still manufacture sealed.

Fingers crossed someone has these files :rolleyes:

I have just updated to the 08/2007 DVD from the 2006 one, (and yes the 2008 update is in fact a 2007 disk !!!!!) in addition to the DVD I also got 2 software update CD's, one was for updating to level B software (000 043 205 47 002, I didn't need this one) the other was to update to level C software (000 044 901 40), the one I needed. The instructions said that once you do the update the unit will only read 08/2007 and upward DVD's, tried the old 2006 and as it said it didn't read it but reads the new one OK. As you have the 05/2007 DVD I would guess your PCM wouldn,t read it if you did the update or anything earlier unless you get the 08/2007 disk

Files on 000 044 901 40

post-21496-1212692700_thumb.jpg

Files on 000 043 205 47 002

post-21496-1212692742_thumb.jpg

The files are only about 12MB in total, don't mind doing an ISO of the disk and posting it for you on a FTP site, but take no responsibility for it not working and stuffing up your PCM

Regards

John

Edited by Jaybee52

• 2 months later...
I have just updated to the 08/2007 DVD from the 2006 one, (and yes the 2008 update is in fact a 2007 disk !!!!!) in addition to the DVD I also got 2 software update CD's, one was for updating to level B software (000 043 205 47 002, I didn't need this one) the other was to update to level C software (000 044 901 40), the one I needed. The instructions said that once you do the update the unit will only read 08/2007 and upward DVD's, tried the old 2006 and as it said it didn't read it but reads the new one OK. As you have the 05/2007 DVD I would guess your PCM wouldn,t read it if you did the update or anything earlier unless you get the 08/2007 disk

The files are only about 12MB in total, don't mind doing an ISO of the disk and posting it for you on a FTP site, but take no responsibility for it not working and stuffing up your PCM

Regards

John

Hello John

I've seen that u managed to update PCM and also got the lastest DVD Maps for Europe. I'd be interested to update my father's Cayenne. It's a 2004 model, and last update is from 2006 .

Can u help me please with those update CD's (Level B & C ) and 2008 DVD Maps ? Please upload them on rapidshare.com. It's very fast and i already have a Premium Account there.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Regards

John

Hello John

I've seen that u managed to update PCM and also got the lastest DVD Maps for Europe. I'd be interested to update my father's Cayenne. It's a 2004 model, and last update is from 2006 .

Can u help me please with those update CD's (Level B & C ) and 2008 DVD Maps ? Please upload them on rapidshare.com. It's very fast and i already have a Premium Account there.

Thank you

The MY08 maps will not work on your fathers Cayenne, they are only for Cayennes with PCM 2.1 (05 - 08).

pls uploadddd... i really want to try it :drive:

:thankyou:

Ok so yesterday Porsche just released new technical information, it is now possible to update an 04 Cayenne with the MY08 maps but you need a different kit. The part number for the update is 000.044.901.21. You need to have PCM 2 with software version 3.0 to use this.

• Admin
The MY08 maps will not work on your fathers Cayenne, they are only for Cayennes with PCM 2.1 (05 - 08).

We do not share copyrighted materials here. At registration you agreed to "You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board."

Any copyrighted materials will be removed.

We do not share copyrighted materials here. At registration you agreed to "You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board."

Any copyrighted materials will be removed.

oups :D srry bout that... but i think is ok to post a rapidshare link, right ?

Edited by nbkappa

Ok so yesterday Porsche just released new technical information, it is now possible to update an 04 Cayenne with the MY08 maps but you need a different kit. The part number for the update is 000.044.901.21. You need to have PCM 2 with software version 3.0 to use this.

Has anyone with an '04 tried this update? I wonder what's the cost and if the update is really worth it? Any idea?

Isn't 04 use CD for its map, not DVD?

Correct. Should be interesting to see if this part will update the CD models - I was told directly by Navteq and a Porsche tech (eh, he was at the dealership and seemed pretty up to date) that the *only* way I would ever see new maps would be to either A. buy the entire DVD upgrade kit, or B. buy a Garmin.

I'll buy a minivan with spinning rims before I choose either of those options, so clearly this thread has my interest.

I find it amazing that Porsche haven't provided updated maps for PCM2.0 for the US yet. They released new maps for Europe a few weeks ago, after saying that they would not be releasing any further updates. I expect it was pressure from disgruntled owners giving their salesmen a lot of grief that brought it about. Maybe it needs a lot more of you to give 'em hell until they finally give in, or some kind of organised campaign.

I find it amazing that Porsche haven't provided updated maps for PCM2.0 for the US yet. They released new maps for Europe a few weeks ago, after saying that they would not be releasing any further updates. I expect it was pressure from disgruntled owners giving their salesmen a lot of grief that brought it about. Maybe it needs a lot more of you to give 'em hell until they finally give in, or some kind of organised campaign.

Porsche DID provide updated maps for PCM 2.0 in the US. Check my last post for the part number.

PTEC

That part number is a retro fit kit carrying a cost of about $550 plus tax and labor

I sort of expected a map update

Sorry, I hadn't realised that Porsche had released 2008 maps for PCM2.0 for the US. Too many threads, not enough time....... ;)

I have been advised not to purchase this yet. I would advised other 04 owners to do the same.

PTEC

That part number is a retro fit kit carrying a cost of about $550 plus tax and labor

I sort of expected a map update

Sorry, I hadn't realised that Porsche had released 2008 maps for PCM2.0 for the US. Too many threads, not enough time....... ;)

• 5 months later...

Files on 000 044 901 40

post-21496-1212692700_thumb.jpg

Files on 000 043 205 47 002

post-21496-1212692742_thumb.jpg

Regards

John

Any differences besides the maps???

• 1 month later...

So I just finished retro-fitting Sirius, Cd-Changer and Sat-Nav into my girlfriend's 2008 997-1 with no issues and after dealer coding, everything appears to be working great. Before the retrofit, the basic PCM setup was at Level C . It so happens that I had special ordered a new vertical Navigation-DVD unit for the retrofit. I performed no PCM updates , system, navigation or otherwise, and the Map disc I'm using is a 2006 disc. The reason I bring all this up is that my experience seems a bit counter to some of the notions expressed in this thread.

I haven't checked the software-versions post retro-fit, but according to what I've learned from this thread and others, all components have to be at a matching "level" to talk to eachother, so knowing that pre-retro-fit that the car was at Level C, this would mean the Navigation drive would also have to be at Level C in order to properly talk to the existing system. Where things get contrary is that, also according to this thread, a Level-C system can't use a 2006 disc, but I, in fact, am.

I may be over-simplifying so maybe I'm missing something?

• 6 months later...

So I'm missing something here, I called the dealer to get updated DVD's and they said "oh you have to bring it in for service to update the maps"?

So what am I missing that I have to waste a day updating software; can I not do this myself? It's software....

Any one able to clue me in as to what's required to update the maps/SW?

Thanks

So I'm missing something here, I called the dealer to get updated DVD's and they said "oh you have to bring it in for service to update the maps"?

So what am I missing that I have to waste a day updating software; can I not do this myself? It's software....

Any one able to clue me in as to what's required to update the maps/SW?

Thanks

It's supposedly 15-20 minutes for the dealer to update it.

Suncoast has the PCM 3.0 revision 1.4 for $12.95 for DIY. See here:

http://www.e-partssales.com/miva/merchant....de=9552Elec2009

• 3 weeks later...