Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Aero or Cup bumper without side skirts?

Hi everyone,

Last night I was driving home in my '99 C2 at about midnight. I was about 1/2 mile from my house and a deer ran out from the bushes on the side of the road right in front of me. I hit it with my right headlight/fender. I was doing about 35-40 MPH and luckily it was a younger doe so my car easily won the battle but still got some scars. I now have a broken headlight, some large cracks in my bumper full of deer fur, dented fender, and a broken radiator. Now my question, I am going to replace the bumper and I am not a fan of the stock bumper, it is very wimpy in my opinion. I want to put on a newer style bumper but keep the fried egg headlights. Would a C4s/Turbo/Aero/GT3 Cup bumper look out of place without having the skirts and rear to match? Does anyone have a picture they can post to help me get an idea? I found some of the C4s/turbo look bumper and it looks really good, but it is on a face lift car... I am wondering how it will look with my headlights? Thanks in advance guys and I'll try to post some pics of the damage when I can.

Here is the C4s/Turbo look on a NB

post-28819-1216527217_thumb.jpg

Edited by G-off

I know that. I am just wondering if anyone has put one of these bumpers on without the side skirts and if it looks awkward or not? The picture above looks nice but it is a facelift car and I do not know how that bumper or others would look with my headlights. All of the sites that sell the bumpers only have pictures of the bumper not on the car or just a front shot of the car which doesnt give me an idea of how it flows with the rest of the car.

I know that. I am just wondering if anyone has put one of these bumpers on without the side skirts and if it looks awkward or not? The picture above looks nice but it is a facelift car and I do not know how that bumper or others would look with my headlights. All of the sites that sell the bumpers only have pictures of the bumper not on the car or just a front shot of the car which doesnt give me an idea of how it flows with the rest of the car.

Maybe I'm retarded, but those look like the 996 headlights to me.

• Admin

You can't use your headlights with a TT/GT2 bumper or a MY02 or later GT3 bumper - without changing the front fenders also.

The profile changed. You would also need some wiring changes for the new style headlights.

Conversely an aerokit cup or RoW GT3 front bumper will be a bolt-on solution.

Why don't you want the sideskirts? I don't think it would look bad without, but they are the cheapest and easiest install of the aero parts.

I would love them but they are out of my price range they are over $1000 and I can not swing that.

Loren:

I know all about the face lift headlights and what is needed to put them on my car if I wanted to, but if you read my post I do not want to do a face lift conversion. All I want is a replica bumper that fits with my MY99 headlights aka the fried eggs.

$750 at Suncoast Porsche

http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/merchant..._Code=POTE996EX

You could probably get them for less at Sunset. Or post a WTB on some Porsche forums. I think there are a few guys out there that may have a used set.

IMHO it would look better with the skirts, but you're the one who has to live with it. If it floats your boat, go for it.

post-25560-1216900692_thumb.jpg

MASHAW in CA has nice pieces as well. Might want to check them out (Mike is the owner). I got a turbo front bumper and side skirts from them and very happy with look and fit.

bmohr