Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

chirps one on alarm

1999 996 C4.

Is there any way to change the stock alarm so that it chirps 2 time on alarm set and chirps one on alarm off. Right now it brinks the turn signals 2 on set and once on off. I have a hard time telling if the alarm is set in the sun. of course winter is coming in Seattle and I will not have this issue for the next 6 months but it would still be nice to know

Two beeps means that there is a fault in the alarm system.

You will need the Durametric Software, a PST2 or PIWIS tester to read out the alarm fault codes.

My bad I think I was unclear. Right now when I set the alarm a get 2 blinks. I would like to get 2 chirps of the horn so that I know that the alarm is set. On other systems I have had it was just a dip switch setting to make this happen.

• Admin

You will need the Durametric Software, a PST2 or PIWIS tester to read out the alarm fault codes.

My bad I think I was unclear. Right now when I set the alarm a get 2 blinks. I would like to get 2 chirps of the horn so that I know that the alarm is set. On other systems I have had it was just a dip switch setting to make this happen.

As I said two chirps mean there is an alarm system fault. Having chirps is not an option on Porsche alarms - sorry.

So if you were to disconect the switch in the center console the only thing that would not be armed would be the center console?

No, I think that the internal IR alarm system would be disabled as well. Plus if there were another fault you would not know it.

• 2 weeks later...

I added an aftermarket stereo with a detatchable face. While the lack of the stock radio causes an alarm fault, if I leave the car and lock it with the face attached, the motion of the faceplate motor sets off the alarm. In short, having the one-beep alarm fault doesn't disable the IR sensor.

Two options:

1. Buy aftermarket alarm.

2. Get knee deep in wiring, and beg the guys on here to help with schematics and you could piggyback the alarm signal lead and wire in a seperate relay to trigger the horn or an aftermarket siren. This I warn is usually easier said than done, but if you have the schematics and do not need to take out the dash to do it who knows. GL

Sure it'll work it seems but I believe that had already been mentioned. If he would like it to chirp with the flashing of the lights then he could simply find the signal wire then get a power and a ground a generic relay and a trigger wire, and be done with it. That would be the real world way to do it whether routing it to the horn or aftermarket buzzer.

Ahhsoo, It is easy to get to. I am sure that with what is shown by locating the wire colors one could deduct the location of the wires needed and be good to go. When my car gets back from the shop, I may very well do it and possibly even a write up on it.

Thanks for the help. I am sure that Scott449 can do it from this. GL

Thanks. That is the route I will go. Just wanted to make sure no other zones are affected.

I got one of my dash rattles fixed last night. The horse shoe around the radio was the culprit. A few felt pads and it was gone. Now working on the passenger speaker area or air bag.

Thanks for the link to the center console.

Edited by function12