Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

What RPM should a Boxster S be launched at

Hey guys,

My good buddy at work invited me out to the track this weekend to give our cars a little workout. I've never done a drag on the boxster s, so I wanted to hear some good launching RPM specs on a track. Is 4000 good? Or should I be sitting at the line at 4500, 5000? Just curious what others have experienced as the best result.

I'm just going to be running street radials, the factory 18" Turbo wheels with P-zero nero pirellis, no slicks or anything like that, and I'm pretty sure they put some of that glue like substance on the track for extra stick. Lol, no chance I plan to beat or even go up against my buddy though. He's got an SVT mustang with a custom supercharger that would kick the crap out of me (10 second car). :lol:

Thanks!

These cars don't launch well. Do you have a new clutch ready to install? Have fun. Don't bring your "pink" slip.

There's a brand new clutch already installed, and no one pink slips. This is just a fun day to get in a little track time.

Give me a break, there's seriously no one with useful information? I mean how does this help? I'm not talking about a street race, and seriously? "pink slips?" What kind of a crappy comment is that? The question was a legitimate question. Did I ever SAY I was planning to rip the car to shreds, and over torque the thing??

We're talking about a track drag strip. Flat and smooth. If anything I want to know how the car will perform against the standard OEM 1/4 mile time speeds. Is it slower, meaning there's something I should look at? Is it faster possibly running lean? I'm not RACING anyone. People who are racing these things around a loop track, are giving their cars MORE wear and tear then someone taking their car to a timed drag strip.

I seriously can't believe what crappy comments i'm getting from you guys... grow up!

I cannot speak from experience, but I certainly think that a few runs in your car aren't going to hurt anything. I'm sure you know better than to beat on the thing. The higher RPM you launch at and the more you slip the clutch, the harder it is on it, obviously. The goal is to launch as high as you can without spinning the tires. By the time you reach the top of the clutch, you want the car to be catching up with the RPMs and climbing (they shouldn't dip).

Have fun. so what if you take a few miles off your clutch, you bought the car for fun, right?

Oh, very sorry.

Considering all of your "upgrades" listed, I think you'll smoke 'em. Rev up to 5,750 RPM, drop the clutch, and hang on!

Oh I'm sorry, apparently you have an issue with my signature as well? Pardon me while I "kindly" shove the pen I wrote it with... up your tight ***! Let me guess, you're the type who thinks taking a porsche to a drag strip "is a disgrace to the car" and that owning one, really "says something about your character..." No one "thinks your cool" cause you own a 987S. And i'm sorry... but that blonde you think is looking at you cause you think you're hot **** driving around... nope she's laughing at your arrogance.

MMMM MMMMmmmm, this IS a tasty burger.

I cannot speak from experience, but I certainly think that a few runs in your car aren't going to hurt anything. I'm sure you know better than to beat on the thing. The higher RPM you launch at and the more you slip the clutch, the harder it is on it, obviously. The goal is to launch as high as you can without spinning the tires. By the time you reach the top of the clutch, you want the car to be catching up with the RPMs and climbing (they shouldn't dip).

Have fun. so what if you take a few miles off your clutch, you bought the car for fun, right?

Exactly what i bought the car for, for FUN. Thanks for the response.

Usaf-lt-g, guess your having a bad day. Maybe tomorrow will be better for you. Lots of anger in there. You need to relax and find your happy place.

Do other people have an issue with your signiture? That's funny!

Don't eat too many burgers...not good for 1/4 mile times.