Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Pics of my 800HP Flat Blue 997 Turbo

vividracing

To be quite honest I think that is the ugliest Turbo I have ever seen. Flat Blue? Why not Flat Rust? Why are black wheels so cool when EVERYONE has black wheels. :huh:

I'm sure mechanically it is excellent and you did an amazing job. Just seems like Porsche tuners are going the way of the Japanese import scene and and that is quite disturbing. They are freakin race cars for god sakes. What's next hydraulics?

Just my two cents. I'm sure I'll get flamed for this...... B)

Edited by phillipj

To be quite honest I think that is the ugliest Turbo I have ever seen. Flat Blue? Why not Flat Rust? Why are black wheels so cool when EVERYONE has black wheels. :huh:

I'm sure mechanically it is excellent and you did an amazing job. Just seems like Porsche tuners are going the way of the Japanese import scene and and that is quite disturbing. They are freakin race cars for god sakes. What's next hydraulics?

Just my two cents. I'm sure I'll get flamed for this...... B)

I'm trying to find a way to word it diplomatically, but in the end I have to say I'm with phillipj on the looks. A little too much show, obscuring the go.

I like the idea of a car wrap for the track, it protects the finish from the rash. But it accentuates not-so-great fit and finish on the bodykit bumpers.

I think that the Turbo represents Porsche's bread-and-butter entry in the "supercar" category, and therefore has a few absurdist touches that appeal to its exotic nature. But it's German, so the gaudy bits are far more subdued then they are on a Lambo or Ferrari. Taking the flares, intakes, and scoops to ridiculous proportion is just not in keeping with the aesthetic. On a GT-R, maybe.

I love the spirit of taking an already amazing car and making something more from it so I appreciate what's done here. But it's not my taste.

Mark

I don't know how I feel about the flat blue. It's something different, and in the case of this car my number one thought is regarding the impressive 800 hp. However, I will say that I HATE black wheels. I've hated the trend from the very beginning, and I've only forgiven it on racecars as it's always been an utility issue with racers rather than a looks thing. I hate them on streetcars though. It just looks like you haven't cleaned the brake dust off your wheels in ten years.

But ... it's all a matter of taste, and everyone's taste differs, so thankfully there's room for everyone.

If the builder loves it, then more power to him. Nice job.

I don't care what color it is. It could be pink for all I care. Did you say 997 Turbo? Did you say 800 HP? Where do I sign up. SOLD! :)

Great job.

What are those 2 black funnel looking things, in the carbon fiber enclosure area, in the 6th picture?

An outrageous color on an outrageous car. I like it--and the black wheels too! You might need a fatter roll bar though, and those honkin', yaller cailpered brakes with the pizza pan-sized ceramic composite rotors. Oh, and lose the rear seat backs; they're extra weight. And I hope you've taken a high-performance driving course to keep it on the ground and pointing in the right direction! Cheers.

• 8 months later...