Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

New litronics

Hi all, as of today i am the proud owner of some orginal xenon litronics.. only when i put them in my both fuses where blown ( 7.5 A) so i upgraded to 25 A which seems ok, is there anything else i need to change, as i thought there was also levening on the lights but i dont see this when i switch on the lights?

Anyone ? notworthy.gif

• Moderators

Hi all, as of today i am the proud owner of some orginal xenon litronics.. only when i put them in my both fuses where blown ( 7.5 A) so i upgraded to 25 A which seems ok, is there anything else i need to change, as i thought there was also levening on the lights but i dont see this when i switch on the lights?

Anyone ? notworthy.gif

First of all, the fuses should have been changed to 15 Amp, 25's are way too big and will cause problems if there ever is a short. In order for the lights to swing up on start up (and pivot up to fill in the high beams on the road), you need to install a control module in the headlight harness:

P0000737.jpg

Here is a photo of the complete aftermarket kit from Carnewal in Belgium, you can see the wiring and the small red colored box with the control unit in it:

p96017.jpg

Edited by JFP in PA

• Moderators

can you please give me the part number ? also where do i need to put this ( which slot ?) ( and thanks for the tip about the amps) i ll change that tommorow first thing.

You can read the part number in the photo. The unit connects into the wiring harness with a wiring kit that should have come with the lights:

P0000735.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Moderators

hmm.. i only bought the light units not the wiring .. i might need to find out where to get it and where and how to connect them... it cannot hurt right to use it without the additinal wiring ?

It can be used with out the control unit, but you will not get the maximum impact of the lights as they cannot swing up to fill in on high beams, which is very impressive once you have seen it.................... The wiring and the control unit should be available from a dealer.

• Upvote 1

can you please give me the part number ? also where do i need to put this ( which slot ?) ( and thanks for the tip about the amps) i ll change that tommorow first thing.

Sliderr:

Here is a link to another DIY for Litronics installation, complete with part numbers: http://www.skylersrants.com/

Once you get on that page, click on "Skyler's Boxster" near the top left, then when that page comes up, click on "Litronics Installation". (I couldn't figure out how to post a direct link to that page).

BTW, JFP is exactly correct about the fuses. The '97 Boxsters did not have Litronics even as an option, so the smaller fuses were standard in the fuse panel. When the Litronics were offered as an option, the fuses were upped to 15amps.

Regards, Maurice.

• Moderators

Looked in the shop and found a list of all the parts that were included in a complete aftermarket Litronics kit:

Part Number Qty Description

996 631 157 07 1 Left Litronic headlight

996 631 158 07 1 Right Litronic headlight

000 044 900 38 1 Headlight control unit, with mounting hardware

999 652 568 22 2 Electrical pin/receptacle, size 2

N 020 904 4 4 Tie wrap

996 612 988 00 1 Electrical wiring harness, including 4-pin plug housing (2 x)

996 552 621 01 D05 1 Dummy cover, not used for USA

Materials Needed: Corrosion protection, primer coat 285-16 (refer to Paint Manual)

• Upvote 1

• Moderators

One small detail, if your car has a Dutch licence plate, you never past true the APK. You need all the parts including, headlight washers, height sensors, etc. and they should work as well. I would first inform me to the competent authorities.