Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

"Keropur" "Porsche" brand fuel additive ?

For YEARS I've heard and read that Porsche does not recommend , any type of fuel additive (same with oil) also read it by owners many times here. Techron , Lucas top cylinder lube/ injector cleaner have been mentioned,with some saying : "Porsche says it's ok to use these now and then,but change your oil soon after " unquote. But the other day I found this Porsche link for their "own" fuel additive !

Anyone heard of this or tried it ? I wouldn't be surprised if Lucas or Chevron made it rolleyes.gif Any thought or comments on this product ? Oh yea here's the link

You may have to copy & paste, or simply google "Porsche fuel additive" : http://www.porsche.com/china/en/accessoriesandservice/porscheservice/fueladditive/

Edited by britdave

Ok, so your saying it's really just Techron ? Funny, but Porsche dealers and enthusiasts use to denigrate Techron ? How about that "Lucas" upper cylinder lube & injector cleaner stuff ,you just pour in the gas tank ? I've heard a lot of positive things about that, any other opinions helpsmilie.gif

• Admin

Ok, so your saying it's really just Techron ? Funny, but Porsche dealers and enthusiasts use to denigrate Techron ? How about that "Lucas" upper cylinder lube & injector cleaner stuff ,you just pour in the gas tank ? I've heard a lot of positive things about that, any other opinions helpsmilie.gif

No he is saying it is equal to Techron. But let's face it Porsche does not "make" fuel additives they just re-brand someone else's that meets their spec.

Thanks guys ! Now I guess it's ok to use fuel additives because Porsche puts their name on the can ? Does "any one out there" use any fuel additives in their 911's , or any Porsche for that matter ??? unsure.gif If this new Porsche stuff is basically Techron, (by another name) does that mean Techron is ok ? I don't want to contaminate anything in the fuel system. On that note with my 2002 911/ 996 I was told that the fuel filter was an integral part of the fuel tank and you can't change it ? Wow, just like the "lifetime" coolant in the cooling system , but that's another issue, I'm not to sure about things like that. Anyhow ,I'm getting off topic here, lets talk fuel additive reviews and recommendations. Thanks Dave....

Edited by britdave

In South East Asia, "Keropur" sounds like a deep fried flour cracker snack commonly eaten like potato chips. Hahaha. :clapping:

For YEARS I've heard and read that Porsche does not recommend , any type of fuel additive (same with oil) also read it by owners many times here. Techron , Lucas top cylinder lube/ injector cleaner have been mentioned,with some saying : "Porsche says it's ok to use these now and then,but change your oil soon after " unquote. But the other day I found this Porsche link for their "own" fuel additive !

Anyone heard of this or tried it ? I wouldn't be surprised if Lucas or Chevron made it rolleyes.gif Any thought or comments on this product ? Oh yea here's the link

You may have to copy & paste, or simply google "Porsche fuel additive" : http://www.porsche.c...e/fueladditive/

I guess I didn't bother reading the interwebs after I got my '99 996 earlier this past January. I used a bottle of Techron and a bottle of Lucas injector cleaner (not on the same tank of gas) with no ill effects. She's got all the get-up-and go as you'd expect and gets 26mpg+ on the highway.

Edited by DaveFL1976

I have used Sea Foam in both oil and gas in several of my cars...both my 996's, my 997 turbo, and my Cayenne......All run great. Agreed that if you put the additive in the oil, you should only run it a short time, then change oil and filter. The stuff works great! It is not for using in every tank or oil change though....Just used occasionally to clean it out and safe for ANY engine. I have obviously gotten to know my Porsche mechanic very well with all of the cars I have, and he (unofficially) told me that he felt this stuff was great and he uses it in many cars......Service adviser in an unrelated conversation said the same thing.

Use whatever you are comfortable with....

DC

JFP is correct. Dealers have been using Techron for years and at one point in time actually issued a TSB naming Techron specifically. I had great luck with the stuff in my 911SC based on the local dealer's recommendation to use it right before an oil change. I drove the SC daily for several years found the Techron was a must to keep the k-jet working properly. Never had any issues with the injection (except a failed warm up regulator) and passed emissions with no problem. I also used Techron for years in my 996.

Ref. TSB 8510 issued Dec. 6, 1985

Chevron Complete Fuel System Concentrate is good stuff. Don't bother with Chevron Fuel Injector Cleaner.

To emphasize what Loren says, my local BMW dealer sells the exact same black Chevron bottle, but a BMW label and part number on it. They charge a couple more dollars more than Chevron from AutoZone. Go figure.

Search the forums on Bobistheoilguy.com and do your research on what's good and what is snake oil.

/m