Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

ECU Remapping

gregthiara

Hi guys,

has anybody had a ecu remap on a 996tt? thinking of having it done from revo in the uk, is it worth it and can you feel the the results?

Yes I have...it makes a huge difference, but the amount of difference is dependent on the weakest component. And so the modifications begin. With a freer flowing exhaust and a tune...quite nice!

Hi guys,

has anybody had a ecu remap on a 996tt? thinking of having it done from revo in the uk, is it worth it and can you feel the the results?

Yep. Got a softronic with launch control. Big, big difference. Worth all the money. After I downloaded the remap, the idle became more stable and the rev was more responsive. I shifted the 996tt on first gear and rev to 5200rpm. Then released the clutch and the 996tt launched like a bullet. A remap is worth it.

• 5 weeks later...

Remap or ECU flash was worth every penny. And I agree with whomever wrote it is as good as worst component. I changed plugs ,DV's and added silcone boost hoses. My car had a fab-speed exhaust already. It performs excellent. Turbos spool sonner, idles stronger and compliments car overall. I used Softronics, talk to Dan Mermelstein- very helpful and makes package deals for all described above.

Hi guys,

I was thinking of the same upgrade, should I have done this on a dyno? We have a shop that upgrades on a Dyno and it seems this might be thr optimal route even if it is more $$.

Thoughts?

Scott

• 3 weeks later...

I dynoed before and after when I did the flash. I gained 88 HP which is awesome but actually the other aspects of the flash are what make it worth it for me. The flash made everything more responsive, it delivers 1.2 bar regularly and idle, turbo spool etc is all improved dramatically.

hope this helps.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Remap or ECU flash was worth every penny. And I agree with whomever wrote it is as good as worst component. I changed plugs ,DV's and added silcone boost hoses. My car had a fab-speed exhaust already. It performs excellent. Turbos spool sonner, idles stronger and compliments car overall. I used Softronics, talk to Dan Mermelstein- very helpful and makes package deals for all described above.

Hi there, what company does Dan Mermelstein work for?? any contact info? Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I did a remap by SKN and it is great.

I did it as ECO remapping (not only power remapping), means you will have all the more power after pressing the pedal more than 75%.

At every pedal position between 0 - 75% you will run in an ECO modus with only 10hp more but with 15 - 20% fuel saving.

But you all are right if you do a remapping you should also do a new sport exhaust and perhaps you shold think on your clutch.

I did a Sachs performance clutch up to 740 Nm.

BR

Michael

post-27156-0-41825600-1296254373_thumb.j

post-27156-0-63504100-1296254672_thumb.j

Edited by mschraube

Hi there, what company does Dan Mermelstein work for?? any contact info? Thanks

Vivid Racing..