Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Drivers window not going up

I have a 2006 987 and the problem i'm having is that the one touch up is not working on the drivers side. The passenger side works up and down no problem, but the drivers side will only work with down one touch, no up. I've also noticed that the window will drop with when pulling the outside handle, even with the door open on drivers side, which isn't suppose to. also when closing the convertible top the drivers window will not close automatically, it will drop when you open the top but will not close when you close the latch. I've replaced the door latch assuming the microswitch on the latch was bad, and the switch on the outside handle seems to work because the window will drop when pulled but will not go up. please help this is killing me that I can't figure it out

Edited by weewinn01

I have a 2006 987 and the problem i'm having is that the one touch up is not working on the drivers side. The passenger side works up and down no problem, but the drivers side will only work with down one touch, no up. I've also noticed that the window will drop with when pulling the outside handle, even with the door open on drivers side, which isn't suppose to. also when closing the convertible top the drivers window will not close automatically, it will drop when you open the top but will not close when you close the latch. I've replaced the door latch assuming the microswitch on the latch was bad, and the switch on the outside handle seems to work because the window will drop when pulled but will not go up. please help this is killing me that I can't figure it out

Weewinn:

Have you tried the "reset procedure" for the window which, IIRC, is spelled out in the owner's manual?

To do the reset, just press the window button in the "up" direction AND keep it pressed down for another 5 or 10 seconds AFTER it has reached the completely closed position and do the same in the down direction.

Also, check for moisture, dampness, or water on the floorboards under and behind the driver's seat to make sure that your immobilizer is not or has not gotten wet from clogged convertible top drains or from some other path of ingress.

Regards, Maurice.

I had a similar thing recently, We have had a lot of cold weather and my window froze solid and wouldnt even lower slightly so i could open the door.

I managed to prise the door open gently but the window kept trying to go down. 1minute later it lowered all the way and refused to go back up. I called Porsche who said come straight down and while i was on my way there 10 mins later the window just raised itself back into position. It works without fault and hasnt hapened since.

I guess i was lucky though.

• 2 years later...

Did anyone ever find a resolution to this problem with the windows, it's definitely not the reset issue.

I'm leaning towards the window motor/control unit has gone wonky.

Any Suggestions?

• 1 year later...

So was there ever a resolution to this problem? My Boxster suffers the same problem. One of the issues is that it does not raise like the passenger side after putting the roof up. I searched for a resolution to that and after several attempts at resetting according to other owners and according to the manual, nothing worked to resolve it. Then I decided maybe the issue is the one touch not working on the drivers side and once that is addressed the other issue might work itself out. This all happened directly after battery died.

• 1 year later...

I have this problem on my passenger side of my 06 2.7 987.   Open door, drops down, doesn't go back up on close, lower top, drops but doesn't go back up.  Auto up from passenger door does not work, auto up from drivers side for the passenger side does not work (to me implies it's not the passenger side switch).  Otherwise the passenger window will go up and down smooth, just no auto up.

I've tired all the methods of re learn with no luck.

Anyone have any ideas/steps to take to figure it out?

• Moderators

The use of a diagnostic device is always the best route to go, the problem may have multiple causes such as defective fuses, broken or damaged wiring, corroded plugs into the connectors, incorrect or broken microswitches to a faulty window/door ecu, which is a unit with the motor.

• Upvote 1