Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Wiring Diagram 996 2001

Hello,

I'd need some help please : I'm looking for the wiring diagram ( DME module with oxygen sensors ) for my 996 2001. I already have the one for 99-00 but it has changed in 2001. The DME unit is not the same...

In fact I just need a picture of the wires linked to the plugs of the "behind" oxygen sensors to compare the color of the wires.

Thanks by advance

Hello,

Thanks a lot to all of you. That's true Loren I would need a diagram for a 996 carrera 4 2001. I had a look to the one you give Gator (thanks a lot by the way), and it is different from what I have in my car.

Dharn55, I've just send you a PM with my email address.

I'm really close to solve all my electrical problems, thanks again.

Vroomvroom

Hello,

Thanks to you guys !!! I finally managed to find the good way to plug my oxygen sensors. I've ordered some little connectors to add the missing wires to the plug in the DME.

I'll keep you updated but I think that should be ok and finally everything would work perfectly...

Thanks again.

Vroomvroom

• 2 weeks later...
  • 12 years later...

Hi!

If anyone could help. I would need wiring diagrams for 2000 and 2001 and 2002 Carrera 2. Please! Especially DME 7.2 and 7.8 wiring is in needed but also IMMObilizer for these years is in need.

I'd really appreciate if anyone could help me!

• Admin
6 hours ago, Mikco said:

Hi!

If anyone could help. I would need wiring diagrams for 2000 and 2001 and 2002 Carrera 2. Please! Especially DME 7.2 and 7.8 wiring is in needed but also IMMObilizer for these years is in need.

I'd really appreciate if anyone could help me!

Those are copyrighted Porsche materials - we can not and will not distribute those here.

Okay. My problem is that I can't get tester connected to DME and the engine doesn't run. It is suspected that the body wiring harness has been replaced with a wrong one or at least it has been tampered with.

I would have to know what are the pinouts and wire colours for 996 my2000/2001 7.2 and 2002 dme7.8 to locate the fault. 

Yes Loren I am aware of that. This is the reason why I would need the diagrams or even the wiring colours because the harness is not meant for the body where it is mounted on.