Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

January 15, 2005 (Saturday) in San Jose

At Henry's house.  http://vssi-eda.com/hverheyen/box_pics/clu...address_dtl.jpg

Sart at 10:00 am, for 3 hours.  No messy projects, like oil changes.

Henry has an empty 3 car garage so this is rain or shine.  Not like a little bit of rain has stopped us in the past.

I have a new GT3 that needs the Sports Seats replaced with GT3 seats, a DAS Sport roll bar and harnesses installed. Think we can do that?

• Moderators
I have a new GT3 that needs the Sports Seats replaced with GT3 seats, a DAS Sport roll bar and harnesses installed.  Think we can do that?

Sure, toss the seats and the roll bar in the GT3 and drive the GT3 over to Henry's. Then we all get to take it for a spin.

We'll put Alex down for a definite maybe on the roll bar install. But he and Loren said they are a pain to install because the bolt holes do not line up all the time and you have to cut interior trim pieces.

I think it would be easier if you lower the top and then we can drop the rool bar in in, or is that on a cab. I'll bring my sawsall and some carbide blades just in case we need to cut the roof off, and a BFH to get the bolt holes to line up.

I just bought a Boxter out here on the East Coast (DC).

ToolPants, you are very cool, I've been reading your posts throughtout this form and the other one I go to 986 or something.

Wish I had my Boxter out there...

I actually live in Milpitas, but work a lot out here on the east coast.

:(

Are there any similar types of groups out here that you know of?

I have a new GT3 that needs the Sports Seats replaced with GT3 seats, a DAS Sport roll bar and harnesses installed.   Think we can do that?

Sure, toss the seats and the roll bar in the GT3 and drive the GT3 over to Henry's. Then we all get to take it for a spin.

We'll put Alex down for a definite maybe on the roll bar install. But he and Loren said they are a pain to install because the bolt holes do not line up all the time and you have to cut interior trim pieces.

I think it would be easier if you lower the top and then we can drop the rool bar in in, or is that on a cab. I'll bring my sawsall and some carbide blades just in case we need to cut the roof off, and a BFH to get the bolt holes to line up.

Gonna try tomorrow. I'll be at work (at the shop) doing my clutch on my EVO (only time the lift's free) but after that I'll drop in. Seats are a doddle to do but that DAS Sport... ugh I'd let a pro like james@akkuratpgi.com do that one. Don't be discouraged, I mean it's a fine roll bar and in many ways much better than the Tequipment one but it's not easy to put in:(

I would like particpate in this session, I have had a lingering rough idle problem that could be looked into, or just some advice on  some other minor concerns...

you may want to have your throttle body cleaned as well. i am bringing a can of carb cleaner for anyone who wants to use some.

-T

I have to replace my MAF sensor which I should have by Saturday is it possible that someone might be able to show me how to do this? (I'm pretty low on the mechanical ability level) and what should I do about the re-map of the DME as I have a '99 C2 Cab? I'm pretty sure the MAF I'll get will be the updated one as the older versions are no longer available.

I'll get the Torx bits required for the two crews holding the MAF in place and would be happy to bring carb cleaner, in addition to Troomi, to clean the throttle body also.

Is there anything else I could bring along in appreciation of the REAL wrenches?

Beer is fine but at 10am it might be a little early? :cheers:

Edited by Gator996

Frenchy, if you fly over Henry's house - drop in..... :P

If there are bad storms on Saturday I am having second thoughts.  Right now the forecast says cloudy.

Sounds like the weather is going to be OK, I guess it's a go for tomorrow morning??? :notworthy:

Edited by Gator996

• Moderators

This is confirmed for tomorrow. Weather should be like it is today.

We will see what we can do when people show up.

I will bring the tools I normally bring. Henry now has a floor jack, and I think jack stands - so I will not be bringing mine.

If you need something special then let me know before I load the Boxster with tools tonight.

• Moderators

Only Henry would try to set this thing up. It did not work and was not needed.

1-15008.jpg

Then Loren shows how to stick a hand in.

1-15012.jpg

Then there is Carlos. A very good mechanic. :clapping: Think I removed 5 used spark plugs and then tried to put in 6 new ones.

1-15050.jpg

Then there is Aileen/Madam No Fear. How to change the oil and not get your hands dirty.

And yes, when I looked at the pictures on my camera, she got the guys. Stay tuned.....

1-15040.jpg

• Moderators
hey I thought no messy projects like oil changes??  haha

That is because I changed Aileen's oil and filter. She thought she saw a spider under her car and Henry knew I would not let a drop of oil hit his driveway. :P

Good to see almost as many 996s as Boxsters. Can't wait until the 997/987s show up.

And Loren never met a throttle body he did not want to remove.....

1-15016.jpg

• 2 years later...