Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Cayenne Turbo DIY Oil Change ???

The oils draining right now- those panels are a PITA to remove but it seems all cars have those now. The cover for my son's Audi TT is also a pain to remove so nothing new. Nice having the same filter and housing for the GT3 and Cayenne. Can't imagine too many DIY-ers bother with this anymore. At least it's easier than changing the oil and FILTERS on my previous 993's. That was a REAL pain...

• 4 years later...

nobody posted pictures for these so called DIY's, I'll upload some pictures 2004 cayenne S, I just took off the bottom covers and my filter is in the front it doesn't have any screws or bolt on it. The casing is black plastic. All the previous posts referred to having to loosen up a screw to remove the filter. could it be that on the old models the oil filter casing doesn't have a screw?.. I'll post a picture in a minute I'm hoping for a quick reply to whether I can go ahead and remove the plastic casing just by hand instead (no bolts / screws are there to remove)

I have not completed the oil change yet I just took the underbody plastic covers below are pictures of the car. I want to confirm how to remove the oil filter and the correct drain plugs to use better safe than sorry.

Steps

1. Lift car or put on Ramps (in either case make sure to use STANDS as well!!! do not trust your jack or ramps alone), put foot brake on, and put stoppers on the rear wheels (pieces of a 2x4 would do)

2. Remove underbody plastic covers you will need (TORX 25 / 30 / Phillips screwdriver)

3. Remove filter casing / Remove oil filter / drain filter oil (as someone posted it's a good idea to put a plastic ziplock bag on the filter before removing it)

4. Put new filter back on / put O ring and lube with some oil / Tighten filter casing (Got filter from pelicanparts.com I think $13.00)

5. Remove drain plug #1

6. Remove drain plug #2

7. put back drain plugs #1, #2

8. Fill car with 0w-40 Mobil1 Synthetic Oil (Got mine from walmart at $6.25 / Qt, please post sources as this is the cheapest I was able to find)

9. Remove stops from rear wheels, remove foot brake, remove ramps / unjack the car

10. park car in a leveled surface and let sit for a minute. Check the oil level on the dipstick add oil if necessary.

11. Run the car for 3 minutes let sit for a minute, check the oil level again and check the car for leaks

12. Put car back on ramps and put underbody plastic covers

You're done :)

post-42117-1247946259_thumb.png

Edited by zircon

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin
bump

come on folks I posted the pictures someone finish answering the questions about the oil filter and the drain plugs

You posted in a 4 year old thread which is likely why you are getting no response.

I don't recall anyone posting about a "screw on the oil filter housing" - not on V8 engines. There never has been one on the V8 engines (this thread is about the Cayenne Turbo (V8).

Only the V6 Cayenne has the screw on the oil filter housing.

Thanks for posting the photo on drain plug #2 which is very clear showing where it is. I have been wondering where it was last time I took off all the underbody panels, I had to put them back on since I couldn't locate the plug. And yes those plastic panels are a pain...

Andy

bump

come on folks I posted the pictures someone finish answering the questions about the oil filter and the drain plugs

You posted in a 4 year old thread which is likely why you are getting no response.

I don't recall anyone posting about a "screw on the oil filter housing" - not on V8 engines. There never has been one on the V8 engines (this thread is about the Cayenne Turbo (V8).

Only the V6 Cayenne has the screw on the oil filter housing.

thanks for clarifying about the oil filter I was confused because some models had it and others didn't so I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. I probably should have created a new thread I posted in this one because it was the first one that came up when I did a seach for oil change. and I figured the V8 and Turbo were the same procedure.

• 2 weeks later...
8. Fill car with 0w-40 Mobil1 Synthetic Oil (Got mine from walmart at $6.25 / Qt, please post sources as this is the cheapest I was able to find)

Kragen has a promotion for mobil 1, something like buy 4 bottles (6.99 each) get 5th for free

What do you guys think of these Fumoto Engine Oil Drain Valve

Quick drain plug

F104N-2.jpg

looks nice;

I think I'd still just replace the crush washer each time !

but I'm a cheapskate !

Do you actually NEED to jack the car up to drain the oil ?

I would have thought that on special terrain setting the car should be high enough to access ?

I just changed the oil on my GT3 without lifting it !

OT - same filter :)

• 4 years later...