Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I was wondering if there are any DIY or if anyone has experience with replacing a crankshaft sensor (engine speed sensor) on a 955 turbo cayenne. My car is starting to display weird issues with it suddenly shutting off when idling and I have had the code come up. I just recently was accelerating hard and had the CEL come up flashing but it went away after about a minute. I am going to pull the codes to find out what that was about. I wanted to know if changing this sensor can be done by myself or do I need to take it to a shop. Also is there just one crankshaft sensor or two, because when it came up as a code it was listed as sensor A. Thanks.

Would anyone be able to tell me where to look for the crankshaft sensor on a 955 cayenne turbo. I looked around the bell housing and found a sensor that looks like it on the undersurface on the drivers side and actually quite easy to get to but I wanted to make sure that there are not other sensors that are around there as well. I only need to find out where to other end goes for the connector. I have a picture of it but don't know how I can upload it to the site to look at.

If the EVOM tune is overboosting and the Pig is sensing knock it can pull the timing. Way too much knock or Boost and it will go into limp mode so it sounds like your Boost isn't to that point. Can you data log the Boost under load, 3rd gear pull like a Dyno?

• 3 weeks later...

The crankshaft position sensor in a cayenne turbo is actually pretty easy to change. If you get up under the car, you will find it attached to the bell housing on the drivers side on its inferior side. The exhaust pipe runs nearby. You will see its wire run straight up and its connection is located right behind the SAI on the drivers side.

1) do not buy Beck / Arnley CPS. Though it says made in germany, they sell a defective unit. Bought 2 sensors, the measurement across pins are different between two units. Another poster had a problem too. yes it's 1/2 the price of Bosch, but it doesn't work.

For me durametric said the value was off, but was not causing a code. I replaced with B&A, car couldn't start, so i put back the original/genuine.

2) If you are very careful, you can replace from top; get a skinny T10 socket (male), get at Harborfright for ~10. remove 2ndary air pump, and you will find cps. remove connector, carefully remove the screw and take out the unit. the oring tend to stay on the block side.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...