Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

r u freeking kidding me???

you avnt take this car anywhere outside the city limits in good weather!. God forbid you get a flat somewhere in the boonieys in the middle of the night with bad weather.

$100+K for WHAT??? for being stranded

r u freeking kidding me???

you avnt take this car anywhere outside the city limits in good weather!. God forbid you get a flat somewhere in the boonieys in the middle of the night with bad weather.

$100+K for WHAT??? for being stranded

You're not supose to drive a Porsche in bad weather. No rain. No snow. Only on nice days. Bad things happen at night. Only drive during day light.

Keeping you cell phone charged, and a tire plug kit might save ya.

$1300?? In the back seat?? Not on your life. $6.00 plug kit and a compressor (comes with the car) do it for me. If you all don't know how to use a plug kit I'd be happy to do a DIY. The hardest part is finding the hole after that it is all brawn and minimal brain.

http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/detail.jsp?ID=38

conticomfortkit_m.jpg

While it isn't intended to make tires sound quieter or ride smoother, Continental Tire's ContiComfortKit is capable of comfortably sealing typical tire punctures making it possible for you to complete the drive home, to work, an important appointment or a tire repair facility. The ContiComfortKit carries Germany's TUV approval and is suitable for use with passenger car tires, including run-flat designs, as long as the vehicle's recommended tire pressure does not exceed 43 psi (3.0 bar) and the tire dimension is within the recommended application range.

That is basically what comes with the 997.1. Goo and a compressor. I wonder what kind of mess this stuff makes of your wheel and tire. Of course Porsche strictly recommends replacing the tire with any damage. I have driven plenty of plugged tires down to 3/32" without any trouble. My wife is an expert at finding nails. I keep up to date goo in the car in case I can't make it to a lift or home to my floor jack. I have always been able to make it home as most of the time you get a slow leak. Anybody know someone who has actually used this stuff? Oh, and driving in the rain is great fun. Much easier to get the a-- end out!

Edited by Mijostyn

That is basically what comes with the 997.1. Goo and a compressor. I wonder what kind of mess this stuff makes of your wheel and tire. Of course Porsche strictly recommends replacing the tire with any damage. I have driven plenty of plugged tires down to 3/32" without any trouble. My wife is an expert at finding nails. I keep up to date goo in the car in case I can't make it to a lift or home to my floor jack. I have always been able to make it home as most of the time you get a slow leak. Anybody know someone who has actually used this stuff? Oh, and driving in the rain is great fun. Much easier to get the a-- end out!

LOL, so your wife keeps getting nailed. Ooops, that came out wrong!:)

I'd never use the goooo with my cars. That's why I carry the tire plug kit.

And stop driving in the rain. I may want to buy your Porsche some day.:):)

• Admin

On topic and within the board Terms of Service and Guidelines/Rules please!

"You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law."

• 2 years later...

Regarding the goo in the car, my dealer recommend never using unless it's absolutely necessary (stuck in the middle of nowhere). The issue is that when you do use it , it makes a mess but also the pressure monitor sensors need to be replaced, guessing they cost some unnecessary dough if you just swap the tire.

• 4 weeks later...

You won't like the price, but there is a spare available http://www.suncoastparts.com/product/991SPARE.html?Category_Code=991BASECHASSISWHEELACC

Apologies but that almost seems like a 4/1 joke! LOL maybe a timeshare on tow trucks is a good idea for people with no-spare-cars.

No kidding! Seriously, who the heck would ever do something like that to their beautiful 911? You'd have to be so afraid of a flat tire that you'd be driving a military-grade Hummer instead of a 911